Soon.... Soon I hope

Old Apr 17th 2001, 6:54 am
Nicolas Steenhout

Wednesday, I am to go to the local INS office and hopefully get my stamp.

I did consult with a lawyer this afternoon. Linda had done so much work, had been so
thorough, we pretty much knew where we were going. But without her, I felt I needed
some advice. We had exchanged email with the lawyer, who seems really decent (as far
as lawyers go).

I've even opted to have him come with at the office visit, just in case something
goes wrong. I can't bear the thought of being deported or other horror story that
crosses my mind.

Likely, I'll go in, get my stamp, get the hell out and that's it for a while. BUT,
I'm a worry wart, and my heart and mind are heavy with stress and worry.

I only wish Linda had been with me till the end and seen the resolution.

N.

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Apr 17th 2001, 11:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nic

Linda knew that you had received the letter to come in for the stamp. To her that was just as good as the actual stamp itself.

Glad you opted for an attorney to go with you. Since Matt has stated in our case that Jim's status depends on when the AOS was approved and not just the date of the stamp, it is important that you have legal counsel with you since it is unclear whether the DAO has approved the AOS already (which is the best scenario) or if he/she is going to approve it on the 18th.

Please come back and let us all know what the outcome was.

Hugs
Rita
Old Apr 17th 2001, 5:58 pm
Shussbar

>

I am sure that wherever she is , she is still working hard on it and that she will
see the result. All her hardwork will be rewarded.

Talk to you soon! Patrick

Old Apr 17th 2001, 10:13 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Hang in there, Nicolas...this will go ok...it's your karma. alvena

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >