So much to take in!

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

victoriabarrett86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile So much to take in!

Can anyone please help me?
My boyfriend and I are looking to move to the US in 2 years time, initially on a temporary basis but with a view to it becoming permanent. I'm a primary school teacher with a Bachelors in primary education, i've been teaching for 4 years. My boyfriend is a firefighter and has been for the last 3 years. My main questions are;
Is it easier for one of us to get a visa than the other?
In which case, would it be better/easier if we were married?
Are British teachers able to teach in American schools?
Where do we start?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:44 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So much to take in!

Originally Posted by victoriabarrett86
Can anyone please help me?
My boyfriend and I are looking to move to the US in 2 years time, initially on a temporary basis but with a view to it becoming permanent. I'm a primary school teacher with a Bachelors in primary education, i've been teaching for 4 years. My boyfriend is a firefighter and has been for the last 3 years. My main questions are;
Is it easier for one of us to get a visa than the other?
In which case, would it be better/easier if we were married?
Where do we start?
Look here to see if you fit any of the categories: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified

On the basis of what you have said, my guess is that your chances of getting to the US are slim to none, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Where do we start?
Well, let's start here. Are either of you a US citizen? This forum is specific to marriage-based visas where one partner is a USC (I realize it's not all that clear, welcome!).

If not, as nettlebed guesses, I'll move you over to the other Immigration forum, and reading that link is a first start for you.

I can promise you one thing: The UK firefighter's pension will be a hella lot better than a US one!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:13 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If they have or obtain the certifications required by the state in which they'd like to teach.

But be aware that US teachers are being laid off left and right as school districts find their tax revenues declining.

Regards, JEff