San Antonio interview/oath

Old May 26th 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

keylimeypie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default San Antonio interview/oath

Hi,
I'm scheduled for my immigration N-400 interview on June 29th, 2011. I am wondering if they will do the oath ceremony on that day.

Does anyone have experience with the San Antonio, TX office?

I'm scheduled to go to England at the end of October, and I'm hoping I'll have enough time to get my US passport after the oath ceremony, otherwise I'll have to reschedule the ceremony so that I can go on my UK Passport.

Advice welcome.

Thanks!
Old May 26th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Antonio interview/oath

I don't know how San Antonio does it. But you should be able to get your passport pretty quickly after the oath ceremony -- if needed.

Check the passport agency website for details on how to apply. But if you're traveling very soon after getting your naturalization certificate, you can make an appointment at a passport agency office and go and apply in person. I think it's within two weeks. And I think you'll also need to pay an extra fee for expedited service.

My wife was traveling about a week after her ceremony so we made an appointment to go in the day after. They had her new passport ready in a couple of days.

The passport agency will also likely have people at the oath ceremony handing out applications and answering questions.

- Eric S.
Old May 26th 2011, 7:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We ran into a similar situation and scheduled a same-day passport appointment to slot in right after the interview/oath day so we didn't miss our trip (scheduled for the same week).

It looks to me like you've got plenty of time.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

keylimeypie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric S
I don't know how San Antonio does it. But you should be able to get your passport pretty quickly after the oath ceremony -- if needed.

Check the passport agency website for details on how to apply. But if you're traveling very soon after getting your naturalization certificate, you can make an appointment at a passport agency office and go and apply in person. I think it's within two weeks. And I think you'll also need to pay an extra fee for expedited service.

My wife was traveling about a week after her ceremony so we made an appointment to go in the day after. They had her new passport ready in a couple of days.

The passport agency will also likely have people at the oath ceremony handing out applications and answering questions.

- Eric S.
Great. thanks for the info!
Old May 28th 2011, 1:48 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

You have plenty of time for the regular mail appointment.
We just ordered new passport for a newborn, and it took 3 weeks to come on the mail.

The painful part was to find a Post Office willing to take the application in a timely manner. Some are taking appointments and are booked for 4 weeks, others don't have appointment, but a 3 hour wait. Not fun with a newborn....There's one that has a passport desk, but it's never manned at the posted times.

For an adult, it will be the only one in person you will have to make unless you let it lapse for too long, as renewals can be done entirely through the mail
Old May 28th 2011, 3:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A I
For an adult, it will be the only one in person you will have to make unless you let it lapse for too long, as renewals can be done entirely through the mail
uh oh, you just reminded me of something I have to do today.