?'s about the I-90

Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of
Cool ?'s about the I-90

Hi All
I am in the process of filing the I-90 due to my original card was issued with the wrong Resident Since date. However on the form under Part 3 Processing Information it asks Date of Admission as an immigrant or
Adjustment of Status, I am aware I didnt arrive as an immigrant so that doesnt apply to me but Adjustment of Status does. How do I know what date to put here? I am thinking that it should be the date I was approved, which should be my resident since date on the card however it is wrong,but I am not sure, if someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. My "new" IO says it would be advisable to change my card so I don't run into any issues when I apply for citizenship in a few years.Also do I should I enclose a cover letter with my I-90.
Thanks all for your advice
Have a great day
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ?'s about the I-90

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
Hi All
I am in the process of filing the I-90 due to my original card was issued with the wrong Resident Since date. However on the form under Part 3 Processing Information it asks Date of Admission as an immigrant or
Adjustment of Status, I am aware I didnt arrive as an immigrant so that doesnt apply to me but Adjustment of Status does. How do I know what date to put here? I am thinking that it should be the date I was approved, which should be my resident since date on the card however it is wrong,but I am not sure, if someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. My "new" IO says it would be advisable to change my card so I don't run into any issues when I apply for citizenship in a few years.Also do I should I enclose a cover letter with my I-90.
Have a great day
The date of your adjustment of status should be the date you were actually approved, yes.

Might not hurt to have a cover letter. Let USCIS be the ones to either read it or not.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Hi Rene
Thanks for verifying what I thought. With USCIS you just never know so I figured to get others inputs would be able to help. Ironically I will never forget my approval date as it was on my birthday...lol. Thanks again
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene
Thanks for verifying what I thought. With USCIS you just never know so I figured to get others inputs would be able to help. Ironically I will never forget my approval date as it was on my birthday...lol. Thanks again
LOL, lucky you! Easy date to remember! And a nice b-day gift as well.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How do I know what date to put here?
I'm sorry, but I haven't been following this too closely. How far off are the two dates?

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:22 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Have a great day
Hope you don't have to wait to long to get it back I am at the 6 month stage
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm sorry, but I haven't been following this too closely. How far off are the two dates?

Ian
Hi Ian
The two dates are close to 2yrs apart. Card reads Resident Since Feb 13th 2006 (original reciept date) an my actual approval date was Jan 30th 2008.

Hi Poppy

I am hoping I don't wait too long too but only time will tell. Had one friend wait only approx 2wks the other friend waited over a year so I guess we will see.

Thanks all for your responses
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The two dates are close to 2yrs apart. Card reads Resident Since Feb 13th 2006 (original reciept date) an my actual approval date was Jan 30th 2008.
It seems to me that this is in your favor. I've no idea what was suggested beforehand, but I would suggest filing to remove conditions (if you're required to do that) at the appropriate time, and then filing for naturalization at the appropriate time. I wouldn't bother trying to fix your card to show a change that is 2 years more recent (I can certainly understand if the error was the other way around).

Anyway, that's my $0.02 worth! Good luck whichever way you go.

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It seems to me that this is in your favor. I've no idea what was suggested beforehand, but I would suggest filing to remove conditions (if you're required to do that) at the appropriate time, and then filing for naturalization at the appropriate time. I wouldn't bother trying to fix your card to show a change that is 2 years more recent (I can certainly understand if the error was the other way around).

Anyway, that's my $0.02 worth! Good luck whichever way you go.

Ian

Hi Ian,
I am not required to file for removal of conditions as we had been married 3 1/2yrs when approved so I was one of the lucky ones to get a 10yr card. I plan to file for naturalization as soon as I am eligable which is 3yrs minus 90 days an I believe I need to add any days to that were spent out of the US but not sure about the adding the days. After consulting with a couple immigration attorneys, senators liason, an my actually "new" AO officer who approved my case all them suggest to fix the card so I don't run into problems when I do file for naturalization. I am not to worried about not having my card on hand with me as I have my approval notice an I don't plan to travel home for another couple years and I don't work and have no desire to work so no need to show an employer my card. Thanks though for your 2c worth.
Have a great day.
Kat