Returning LPR vs. 8 CFR

Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning LPR vs. 8 CFR Sec. 211.3

Originally Posted by immiq
Is it too hard to understand it?
It's not that it's too hard to understand, it's just that there is no ONE answer to your question. Every case is looked at individually.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the Form I-551 and Reentry Permit expire after a permanent resident leaves USA for over one year according to the 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 and why?
Hi:

You keep asking the same question over and over again. Please READ the section. I really mean that. I've looked up the section on Westlaw to see if it was changed in any way from what you quote. You quoted it correctly and in full in your original post.

OK -- I'll answer your question -- NO. Why -- there is no language in the quoted section that even begins to imply that.

Is that simple enough?

I may be a lawyer but I'm not YOUR lawyer.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It seems you keep reposting the same paragraph and then asking the same question. Evidently no one here can explain it to you so that you can understand. You might want to have a 1-time consultation with an immigration attorney, who can explain it to you face-to-face, you can ask questions in person, it will probably be easier for you that way.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi:

I finally answered his question. But I have a sneaky hunch he won't be satisfied with it. Of course, there may be a divergence between what he asks and what he MEANS to ask.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Or any expert can explain what on earth the 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 means?
I answered the question in my first post to you. Mr. Folinsky has now validated my response to you. Why are you still posting the same question over and over? Your question has been answered at least 2 times now. Feel free to go scroll up and read what has already been written to you.

Even though you seem confused by the whole thing, the language in 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 is *not* confusing. It is *not* our job to keep explaining things to you over and over. If you want a legal expert to explain it to you, hire an attorney.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I answered the question in my first post to you. Mr. Folinsky has now validated my response to you. Why are you still posting the same question over and over? Your question has been answered at least 2 times now. Feel free to go scroll up and read what has already been written to you.

Even though you seem confused by the whole thing, the language in 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 is *not* confusing. It is *not* our job to keep explaining things to you over and over. If you want a legal expert to explain it to you, hire an attorney.

Ian
Didn’t you see a lot of uncertain replies on the issue? Let’s review one of your reply, “You should know, that Mr. Folinsky will not give you a "yes/no" answer no matter how much you want one. He will give you the information so that *you* can figure it out for yourself.”

I wish you could answer it more clearly but rather pretending sure. You do not have to answer it if you are not an expert and couldn't understand it well, by the way.

Last edited by immiq; Feb 1st 2008 at 4:06 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn’t you see a lot of uncertain replies on the issue? Let’s review one of your reply, “You should know, that Mr. Folinsky will not give you a "yes/no" answer no matter how much you want one. He will give you the information so that *you* can figure it out for yourself.”

I wish you could answer it more clearly but rather pretending sure. You do not have to answer it if you are not an expert and coulldn't understand it well, by the way.
To be fair, Ian wasn't answering your question with that statement. He was just letting you know that it was likely Mr. Folinsky would not directly answer your question. However, later on, Mr. Folinsky was nice enough to answer it.

So, I guess you have your answer now, right? Mr. Folinsky answered it pretty directly. If you want a more detailed explaination, I think you have to see an immigration attorney in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
To be fair, Ian wasn't answering your question with that statement. He was just letting you know that it was likely Mr. Folinsky would not directly answer your question. However, later on, Mr. Folinsky was nice enough to answer it.

So, I guess you have your answer now, right? Mr. Folinsky answered it pretty directly. If you want a more detailed explaination, I think you have to see an immigration attorney in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Rene:

In all fairness to our resident self-styled "sanctimonious prick" -- he did answer the question in his first post with "No." I later agreed with that and also gave a succinct reason why.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning LPR vs. 8 CFR

Having read a different answer, a green card will expire if a permanent resident leaving USA for over one year. That is the 8 CFR Sec.211.3 said. Probably you do not know it. You may want to read the 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 again until you could truly understand it or provide a meaningful explanation. I am talking about the Form I-551 only.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:50 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Having read a different answer, a green card will expire if a permanent resident leaving USA for over one year. That is the 8 CFR Sec.211.3 said. Probably you do not know it. You may want to read the 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 again until you could truly understand it or provide a meaningful explanation. I am talking about the Form I-551 only.
Why? Do you think you'll get a different answer?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Hi:

I am beginning to realize that English may not be your native language. 8 CFR 211.3 does NOT say "a green card will expire if a permanent leaving USA for over one year." Have a native English speaker read the section.

Perhaps the closest one might come to your statement is that an EXPIRED green card will be treated as expired for re-entry permit purposes if LPR is out of the United States for over one year. That is quite a bit different.

I don't know how to get more "meaningful" than that. Again, you may simply want to go over this with a native English speaker.

Good luck.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Feb 3rd 2008 at 7:26 am. Reason: correct a typo -- "car" to "card" :D
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Having read a different answer, a green card will expire if a permanent resident leaving USA for over one year.
Whatever you read, is wrong... and if you believe what you read, you are a fool.

I simply don't know how many times we can tell you the same thing over and over again before it sinks in. Your interpretation of 8 CFR Sec. 211.3 is wrong. Plain and simple. And, if you want it explained to you, hire yourself an attorney... we are not here to provide free legal advice simply because you don't understand English.

Ian