Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Request for Additional Evidence Sent

Request for Additional Evidence Sent

Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:33 am
Just Joined

newuser70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for Additional Evidence Sent

Has any one else got something similar from the online status? Would the experts please advice on:

1. What to expect next? Possible date when to expect?
2. Type of RFE often asked.

Pd of 6/23/08 n400 is at tsc with no problems for fp etc. I did an infopass / spoke to IO all said I am in queue to be scheduled. My GC is from 2003 June based on employment and satisfy the residency needs. I am searching forum for similar situation so please point me to it.

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On September XX, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

ScottD could you comment?
Originally Posted by newuser70
Has any one else got something similar from the online status? Would the experts please advice on:

Pd of 6/23/08 n400 is at tsc with no problems for fp etc. I did an infopass / spoke to IO all said I am in queue to be scheduled. My GC is from 2003 June based on employment and satisfy the residency needs. I am searching forum for similar situation so please point me to it.

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On September XX, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:36 am
Just Joined

ScottD could you comment?
Sorry for spamming it seems that another user ScottD had a very similar case if he is active please let me know.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for spamming it seems that another user ScottD had a very similar case if he is active please let me know.
What exactly is your question? You received a request for further information, which is not unusual when USCIS either needs something more from you, or loses something you've sent them. (i.e., it's no longer in the packet they hold in their hand for whatever reason). There's no way to know what it is they want from you until you receive the actual RFE in the mail with specific instructions.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2008, 4:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Next you will receive the actual hard copy of the RFE in the mail. No way of knowing what date.

2. There aren't different types of RFEs. Each RFE is individual to that specific case, depending on what USCIS is asking from you. There's no way to know what they want until you receive the actual RFE in the mail.

It's not unusual to receive an RFE, even for something you already sent in, so don't panic.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2008, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Next you will receive the actual hard copy of the RFE in the mail. No way of knowing what date.

2. There aren't different types of RFEs. Each RFE is individual to that specific case, depending on what USCIS is asking from you. There's no way to know what they want until you receive the actual RFE in the mail.

It's not unusual to receive an RFE, even for something you already sent in, so don't panic.

Rene
Thanks Rene. Does it delay the case timeline? Do they ask you to bring RFE to interview? I did infopass and also spoke to 2nd level IO with USCIS they told me that I am queue to be scheduled for inteview letter to be generated. It is confusing me...hopefully you all will be able to throw some light on it.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 4:32 am

Thanks Rene. Does it delay the case timeline? Do they ask you to bring RFE to interview? I did infopass and also spoke to 2nd level IO with USCIS they told me that I am queue to be scheduled for inteview letter to be generated. It is confusing me...hopefully you all will be able to throw some light on it.
I believe the RFE puts a hold on the N-400 process, yes. When they receive your response to the RFE, your case resumes processing. You probably don't need to bring the RFE to your interview. In fact I think they ask you to return a sheet from the original RFE along with your response to it.

I'm sure you ARE in queue to have an interview letter generated...and when they receive your response to the RFE, they'll continue the process.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe the RFE puts a hold on the N-400 process, yes. When they receive your response to the RFE, your case resumes processing. You probably don't need to bring the RFE to your interview. In fact I think they ask you to return a sheet from the original RFE along with your response to it.

I'm sure you ARE in queue to have an interview letter generated...and when they receive your response to the RFE, they'll continue the process.

Rene
Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted on this.