Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Repeat Question "Opening a Provisinal File"

Repeat Question "Opening a Provisinal File"

Old Jul 12th 2002, 1:20 pm
Cp

Default Repeat Question "Opening a Provisinal File"

I know I have asked this eariler in the process but now that it's time for it I can't
seem to find the post...Sorry....

For my fiance's paper work on the London Embassy side of the I-129f petition; The
question is Can I open the provisinal file with just the receipt number of the first
NOA from the TSC?

If anyone can clear this up for me I would be so grateful, also:

I send this paper work off to open the file......

? IV/15a- document checklist- Can I send them all in at the same time? ? Form DS-230-
Just part 1? What happens to part 2? ? Form DS-156K ? Form DS-156 ? Form DS-157 - Not
sure if we need this one? It's all filled and ready for if we do though...

Then what happenes next? What is this packet 3 and 4 that I hear about? Is packet 3
the ones I am sending to the embassy to open up the provisinal file? And packet 4 the
interview and medical date?

Any help is appreciated....I am sending it off tomorrow or Monday...Well after I get
the answers to these question....

Cheers Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Blue Jjjj312412

Default Re: Repeat Question "Opening a Provisinal File"

I sent my forms to the embassy in advance, with the hope they would open a
provisional file. They emailed me back and said the forms will be matched up with the
petition fron the US when they receive it. Here is copy of their actual reply .... We
have recieved the forms. Further action is awaiting receipt of the approved petition.
If your fiancee has received notification that the petition has been approved, we
will accept the original notice of action form I-797 in lieu of the petition.

hope this helps, Jacqueline

Blue Jjjj312412

wit regard to which forms I sent in also, IV 15- not with actual documents though ,
as you take them to your interview. DS-230. I did send both , though maybe I should
not have sent part2 ,,they have not said anything about though in their
correspondence. DS 156 and 156k supplement. I have not heard of the DS 157 one
though. Packet three is basically when they send you all the forms you have just
mentioned, to fill in after they receive the documents approved US side,,,and I think
packet 4 is the interview date for the embasy and releveant payment and medical
forms. Jacq

Old Jul 13th 2002, 8:20 pm
Cp

Thanks Jacqueline for the information!! I will go ahead and send his paper work off
mondy with a copy of my first NOA and explain that we are waiting on our approval but
want to open the provisian file....and the wait goes on

Cheers Sheila Blue JJJJ3124126 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I sent my forms to the embassy in advance, with the hope they would open a
    > provisional file. They emailed me back and said the forms will be matched
up
    > with the petition fron the US when they receive it. Here is copy of their actual
    > reply .... We have recieved the forms. Further action is awaiting receipt of the
    > approved petition. If your fiancee has received notification that the petition has
    > been approved, we will accept the original notice of action form I-797 in lieu of
    > the petition.
    >
    > hope this helps, Jacqueline