expire in May.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do, where I need to do it and how long it
usually takes. If it is something that can be done quickly - is it worth
doing it before my AOS interview?

Thanks,
Daniel

Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:34 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: renewing UK passport in US

The UK Embassy in D.C. deals with passport applications - for a lot of people the wait is about 10 days to get a new one.

Unless your appearance has changed drastically you will not need to get the back of your photos signed so the whole process is very straightforward.

I got my new passport about a month before my AOS interview was scheduled - I included a note to say that I would like it back asap though I'm sure it's not strictly necessary.

Good luck with the interview.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:41 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
The UK Embassy in D.C. deals with passport applications - for a lot of people the wait is about 10 days to get a new one.

Unless your appearance has changed drastically you will not need to get the back of your photos signed so the whole process is very straightforward.

I got my new passport about a month before my AOS interview was scheduled - I included a note to say that I would like it back asap though I'm sure it's not strictly necessary.

Good luck with the interview.
Hey, i was just wondering, i want to change my name on my passport here in the states and i have been goin around in circles trying to figure out what i need to just do a name change on my passport and whether it needs the counter signing. It seems like you managed to do it without the countersignin, could you let me know? thank you!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:43 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
Hey, i was just wondering, i want to change my name on my passport here in the states and i have been goin around in circles trying to figure out what i need to just do a name change on my passport and whether it needs the counter signing. It seems like you managed to do it without the countersignin, could you let me know? thank you!
If you read the instructions on the passport application form you will see that it requires you to supply the documentation of your legal change of name, e.g. a marriage certificate. Original documents only though - they won't accept copies.

It's really that simple.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:46 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
If you read the instructions on the passport application form you will see that it requires you to supply the documentation of your legal change of name, e.g. a marriage certificate. Original documents only though - they won't accept copies.

It's really that simple.
I have the application forms, it just doesnt say on them that u dont have to do the counter signing if ur appearance hasnt changed drastically, i know in the uk this is the case, but from what i heard back home they said the embassy may require it for all applications. I don't know if this is true or not and its driving me bananas as i dont know anyone who has gotten a passport thru the embassy LOL.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:00 pm
Former Blonde

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
I have the application forms, it just doesnt say on them that u dont have to do the counter signing if ur appearance hasnt changed drastically, i know in the uk this is the case, but from what i heard back home they said the embassy may require it for all applications. I don't know if this is true or not and its driving me bananas as i dont know anyone who has gotten a passport thru the embassy LOL.
Click here for verification of my previous on countersigning.