Renewing tourist visa

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

shumpage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewing tourist visa

Wow, thanks for the post - that's good to know! So I suppose he should watch what he says when talking to the IO.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

sheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nicesheralynneandjay is just really nice

I told them that I was coming over for a break and was staying with my boyfriend (now fiance) and they sent me for extra questioning, searched my bags and really thought I was getting married (I think he was looking for a wedding dress lol) but I just insisted we wasnt and told me we'd be in a lot of trouble if we did. Anyhow, he let me in, and we're getting married next year so I'll be getting a fiance visa. So I don't really know if it matters what you say, I think if he says he's staying with his partner they'll suspect something is going on anyway?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were allowed to get married on a VWP visit, as long as you're not planning to stay afterwards. As always, having proof of ties to your own country is the important thing.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
I thought you were allowed to get married on a VWP visit, as long as you're not planning to stay afterwards. As always, having proof of ties to your own country is the important thing.
You are allowed to marry on the VWP.

Trick is convincing the officer you will return home after that.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shumpage
So I suppose he should watch what he says when talking to the IO.
Please, don't be so naive!

Ian
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Unfortunately, there is no 'boyfriend' visa (we've discussed the need before!).
Hi:

I agree that there is no long-term "courtship" visa. However, there ARE limited circumstances that allow a long term "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" to obtain a visa to be with their "domestic partner." Not applicable here and the circumstances are very limited.

For mid- to large-size companies sending in L-1A executives, it is not unknown for the wife to get an L-2 and the mistress her own L-1 visa [as part of the Big Cheese's "personal executive staff."] The children get their own L-2's -- no matter who the mother is.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I agree that there is no long-term "courtship" visa. However, there ARE limited circumstances that allow a long term "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" to obtain a visa to be with their "domestic partner." Not applicable here and the circumstances are very limited.

For mid- to large-size companies sending in L-1A executives, it is not unknown for the wife to get an L-2 and the mistress her own L-1 visa [as part of the Big Cheese's "personal executive staff."] The children get their own L-2's -- no matter who the mother is.
LOL I wonder if the wife knows about those.