Removing Conditions - entering US

Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:27 pm
Banned

SeeYouLaterAligator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removing Conditions - entering US

hi

I'm USC, hubby UKC - I have been living in UK for 4 years with hubby. We married in 2006 in the US and returned home to the UK.

We decided to move to the US and have just finished our 1-130 process. We have received his Visa in his passport and will enter the US in November.

My question is: When do you have to remove the conditions from his Visa? Is it 90 days prior to our 2nd wedding anniversary or is it 90 days prior 2 years living in the US?

This part has me confused because we have been married under the 2 years so they have put on the restrictions. Is that the I-751 that we apply for?

I've tried doing a search but I'm not really finding the info that I need.

thanks again

Ali
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removing Conditions - entering US

You need to file the I-751 to remove conditions within the 90-day window just before the 2-year anniversary of him becoming a PR.

He will become a PR on the day you enter the USA. So, for example, if you enter the USA on November 10, 2007, you will file the I-751 during the 90-day window just before November 10, 2009.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:40 pm
Banned

Thank you so much Rene

atleast we don't have to rush around and start filling out more paperwork right away - LOL I'm still trying to recover from the I-864 and the interview!

cheers

Ali
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeeYouLaterAligator
Thank you so much Rene

atleast we don't have to rush around and start filling out more paperwork right away - LOL I'm still trying to recover from the I-864 and the interview!

cheers

Ali
True! You can relax for almost two years!

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeeYouLaterAligator
This part has me confused because we have been married under the 2 years so they have put on the restrictions. Is that the I-751 that we apply for?

I've tried doing a search but I'm not really finding the info that I need.

thanks again

Ali
Hi Ali.. not a restriction on you.. just an extra form you get to fill out in a couple of years. Like Rene points out, it is 2 years after entry.
This article has some helpful info on his first arrival and all the links you need to undersand removing the conditional status:

The following article is for Immigrant Visa holders arriving in the US for the first time with their visa: Welcome to America!

http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...ead.php?t=1073
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:57 pm

Just for the sake of clarity, I'm going to point out that we are talking about entering on the Immigrant Visa (CR-1), which is the result of filing an I-130 only.

We are not talking about the K-3 spouse visa which is a result of filling an I-130 and then an I-129F. The K-3 entrant will have more paperwork to file once in the USA, in order to obtain permanent resident status.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:25 pm
Banned

Thank you both so much!

Less paperwork - even better!