Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Removal of Conditions - Do I have any options?

Removal of Conditions - Do I have any options?

Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of Conditions - Do I have any options?

Originally Posted by Created
The threat of coughing up to replace them did the trick He still has 2 cancelled passports of mine, I will let the Attorney know that he has only partially complied with the order.
Yes, good. Those documents are the property of your government.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:04 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Created. Glad that youve made the move and are now away from a dangerous situation.

I'm pleased that you found the strenght. Best wishes for all that your future holds
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

It's so good to see that you had the courage and strength to get both you and your daughter out of that horrific situation. Hope that you find an attorney or someone knowledgeable soon to help you through the paperwork. Very very best wishes to you and your daughter for the future. Whatever it holds it sounds a hell of a lot brighter than it did just a few short days ago. x
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Created is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to all

Thank you so much for your contd support.

I got a referral to Charles Kuck from my counselor. He turned out to be the most gracious attorney I've ever met (not that I have that much experience). He prepared my papers as we spoke, had his assistant copy the paperwork, and it was a wrap!

So the I-751 is submitted. The morning before reaching this point, I was a mess. My entire body was so stressed..........I had a little panic attack.

I'm now looking for a divorce lawyer, even though I'm told I can do it myself. Not much personal possessions involved, but a lot of credit, that he needs to take responsibility for.

My daughter's teacher invited us to her parents house for thanksgiving - I was blown away!!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Created is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to allCreated is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MandyNi
It's so good to see that you had the courage and strength to get both you and your daughter out of that horrific situation. Hope that you find an attorney or someone knowledgeable soon to help you through the paperwork. Very very best wishes to you and your daughter for the future. Whatever it holds it sounds a hell of a lot brighter than it did just a few short days ago. x
Thank you! Even though I'm decided, and I know that nobody should live like this.......I still have the "what if" thoughts in my head that I have to dismiss.

I'm trying to achieve something small everyday. On Friday I achieved 2 things, I changed my car tag and opened a PO Box.

Today, I'm getting details ready to file a contempt to the protective order - he did not hand over my car keys and a few other important possessions.

One step at a time.........
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

I'm trying to achieve something small everyday. On Friday I achieved 2 things, I changed my car tag and opened a PO Box.

Today, I'm getting details ready to file a contempt to the protective order - he did not hand over my car keys and a few other important possessions.

One step at a time.........

I am really proud of you. You are an inspiration...to me atleast !!! .....and I mean it.

Last edited by notkim; Nov 23rd 2009 at 6:55 pm. Reason: Added
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Wonderful news! I start working on Monday! What a difference this will make to my life.

I received the I-797C via my attorney yesterday, but having great difficulty updating my driving license, because my name is incorrect in the "SAVE" system and I have to wait for verification. I had this problem with my SSN back in 2006, but I returned to the office with my I-94 and that took care of it.

On the up side, I am able to work and my papers are current!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:55 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Wonderful news! I start working on Monday! What a difference this will make to my life.

I received the I-797C via my attorney yesterday, but having great difficulty updating my driving license, because my name is incorrect in the "SAVE" system and I have to wait for verification. I had this problem with my SSN back in 2006, but I returned to the office with my I-94 and that took care of it.

On the up side, I am able to work and my papers are current!
That's interesting - your state's DMV uses the SAVE system too?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:13 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great, you are slowly but surely getting you life back on track good for you.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Removal of Conditions - Do I have any options?

Just a quick note to let you know that my attorney called this morning to say that he has our Green Cards!!!!

Can you believe that! The divorce is nowhere yet!.............I'm just ploughing through it now.

The papers for removal of conditions were filed on November 19th 2009. We did not have to go for interview. I hope that my experience will help somebody to make the right decision to get out of that abusive relationship........
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:48 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Really good news, congratulations.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:08 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick note to let you know that my attorney called this morning to say that he has our Green Cards!!!!

Can you believe that! The divorce is nowhere yet!.............I'm just ploughing through it now.

The papers for removal of conditions were filed on November 19th 2009. We did not have to go for interview. I hope that my experience will help somebody to make the right decision to get out of that abusive relationship........
WONDERFUL
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Created.. onward & upward!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

okalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really nice

great news, congratulations! God is Great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.