Regional centers

Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:30 am
Just Joined

martin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nice
Default Regional centers

Hi

Does anyone know of a regional center that is legitimately sound ?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional centers

Originally Posted by martin101
Hi

Does anyone know of a regional center that is legitimately sound ?
I don't think they keep record ..of the underlying strata
of the building ... not heard of any collapsing though ....
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

martin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nicemartin101 is just really nice

My wife and I have been frantically researching our EB 5 (both $500K /$1M). We decided that the E2 was unacceptable to us because we have 3 small children.

So, do you have any advice as to any current regional centre investments that are a safer bet (less risky) ?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I have been frantically researching our EB 5 (both $500K /$1M). We decided that the E2 was unacceptable to us because we have 3 small children.

So, do you have any advice as to any current regional centre investments that are a safer bet (less risky) ?
Ah!!! I though you meant regional USCIS offices

Well for the $500K ..they are limited choices

for the Million ..you choices are unlimited ....
but you have only until sept for the half .,...

The whole idea is risk ........
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It is up to you to do your due diligence. EB-5's scare me -- you ARE putting $500,000 or $1,000,000 "at risk" -- the EB-5 requires that.

FWIW, some of the regional centers do have the imprimatur of various STATES.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:15 am
Ray

I like this one ...
http://www.sd-exports.org/eb-5/

bu mainly taken up by koreans .
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Hi:

On the E-2 end of things -- the firm I used to be associated with had a client who got an E-2 by investing in an ongoing business [$1,000,000]. He then began losing money hand over fist -- so much so that after 2 years the business qualified as a "distressed business." The EB-5 rules require a $1,000,000 investment in a new business, but allow the investment to be in a "distressed business." In a new business, one must create 10 new jobs while in a distressed business, one need only SAVE 10 existing jobs.

In a strange quirk -- the investment can be made anytime after 1990, but the determination of the distress is made at the time of FILING. After the interview, the INS guy was shaking his head. We had a meeting later and agreed that this was totally nuts -- but it was what the law said. Two years later he sold the business for $250,000 -- expensive green cards I guess.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:29 am
Just Joined

That reminds me of the joke..."How do you make a small fortune? Start out with a large one".

I have a question about the $1,000,000 EB5. So, if I purchased a currently operating hotel for about $1M and directly hired 10 full time people for 2 years would I meet the requirements?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:34 am
Account Closed

That reminds me of the joke..."How do you make a small fortune? Start out with a large one".

I have a question about the $1,000,000 EB5. So, if I purchased a currently operating hotel for about $1M and directly hired 10 full time people for 2 years would I meet the requirements?
Hi:

A tad more complicated than that. There are regulations -- clear as mud perhaps, but they do exist.

There are rules for expanding an existing business. But it is more than just creating 10 new jobs.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:41 am
Just Joined

We'll look at the North Dakoda option, thanks.

Is there a way I could get a copy of the legistlation (or a detailed description of policies and requirements) regarding the $1M EB5. I tried on the USCIS website with no luck as of yet.

I have been looking at a few regional center investments. The hard pill to swallow is the dismal rate of return on your $500K also the huge risk involved. I think I'd rather roll my own dice with $1M.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:43 am
Ray

I have been looking at a few regional center investments. The hard pill to swallow is the dismal rate of return on your $500K also the huge risk involved. I think I'd rather roll my own dice with $1M.
Think more of it as buying a green card ...and at a pretty cheap price ..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Do you know what your net worth requirement is for the $1m EB 5?

Thanks guys for all the info. We will check back in tomorrow.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:13 am
Ray

Do you know what your net worth requirement is for the $1m EB 5?

Thanks guys for all the info. We will check back in tomorrow.
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...b0686648558dbe
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:35 am
Account Closed

We'll look at the North Dakoda option, thanks.

Is there a way I could get a copy of the legistlation (or a detailed description of policies and requirements) regarding the $1M EB5. I tried on the USCIS website with no luck as of yet.

Hi:

Section 205 of the Immigration & Nationality Act.

8 CFR part 205 of the regulations.

Curiously enough, the last 4 cases from former INS as precedent descions were in the summer of 1998.

If you are talking about a lot of money -- at least a consultation with a immigration lawyer who is not connected with any particular plan is a good idea.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

diosia is an unknown quantity at this point

500K is certainly nothing to sneeze at, the return rate might not be the greatest - but if you decide to go through with it why invest in a slower North Dakota investment instead in a growing and more secure PacNW investment?
Susanna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.