REFUSED ENTRY TO USA

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Lee_65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default REFUSED ENTRY TO USA

Hi
I was refused into USA on Jan 2008 in accordance with the following codes stamped into my Passport:

8C.F.R.217.4 (b)

Then Handwritten
A#xxxxxxxx/212(A)(7)(B)(I)(II)/212(a)(2)(A)(I)(1)

Does anyone know what these codes mean??
Has anyone ever been let back into the USA after receiving these codes?

Thanks everyone for your time

Last edited by meauxna; Jun 2nd 2011 at 3:24 pm. Reason: take out A#
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:32 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REFUSED ENTRY TO USA

8 C.F.R. 217.4 (b)

Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 217.4, subsection (b) -- Basically that you have been denied entry for reasons in 212.
http://law.justia.com/cfr/title08/8-....21.0.1.4.html

As for the other bits:

212(a)(7)(B)(I)(II)--Not in possession of a passport with six months validity or other documentary problem
212(a)(2)(A)(I)(1)--Some criminal record, I think (that's a bit harder to determine--not sure about the way the statute is set out)

You can look it up here:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/S...tml#0-0-0-1201

Last edited by penguinsix; Jun 2nd 2011 at 12:37 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) - CIMT perhaps?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:10 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCynick
212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) - CIMT perhaps?
That's what I originally thought, but the use of the number '1' instead of the roman numeral 'I' had me a bit confused. I bet the border guy was just copying pretty fast or the OP put it in there that way, but a CIMT is what it might be.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Lee_65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for replys, It is a roman numeral 'I'. can you tell me what CIMT is Pls?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee_65
Thankyou for replys, It is a roman numeral 'I'. can you tell me what CIMT is Pls?
Crime Involving Moral Turpitude. For instance...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee_65
Hi
I was refused into USA on Jan 2008 in accordance with the following codes stamped into my Passport:

8C.F.R.217.4 (b)

Then Handwritten
A#94020536/212(A)(7)(B)(I)(II)/212(a)(2)(A)(I)(1)
My interpretation of these codes (and IANAL) is that you presented yourself for inspection at a U.S. PoE, most likely under the terms of the VWP, and were refused entry for a CIMT (i.e. 212(a)2(A)(i)(I)). Since a CIMT makes you ineligible to use the VWP an additional reason for refusal was not having a valid US visa (212(a)(7)(B)(i)(II)).

What were the exact circumstances around your refusal? Did you tick the "yes" box on the I-94W for the question which asks about convictions for CIMT?