Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

Originally Posted by riverslq
so the only way is a k1/3 visa or an h1b. thats nice.
Well if she wants to move here, sure.
5 minutes ago you represented that she wanted to visit.
See how complicated it gets?

If she wants to move, it's either via specialty occupation employment or close family member (spouse or fiance).
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

lovely ****ing country.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

riverslq is an unknown quantity at this point

no, not move, just visit. But since the B-2 visa and ESTA are a non-starter, that doesn't leave any other option to visit with. :P
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:05 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

so the only way is a k1/3 visa or an h1b. thats nice.
Study hard before acting this time.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

and I hate to be rude, but could you please refrain from constantly reading into things which do not exist?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Study hard before acting this time.
wth?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:07 am
Septicity

wth?
Don't just randomly choose a path to reach your perceived goals and act on it without knowing exactly what you're doing. That's where you went wrong the first time if you remember.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to get into a war, so i'll say i disagree.
she had a valid esta, so i'm not seeing why that would have been cancelled.
I I still believe it is a joke.

If it was not a joke, the previously valid esta would not have been cancelled.
Because having a denied visa on the record now changes her answers to the ESTA questions. So she had to do a new ESTA. Anytime the answer to the ESTA questions change for you, you have to complete a new ESTA.

Rene
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

no, not move, just visit. But since the B-2 visa and ESTA are a non-starter, that doesn't leave any other option to visit with. :P
Well K-1/3 or H-1B are not very good visiting options!

If we are reading things that don't exist, it's because you are not clarifying, and what you are posting reads a lot like things we have read before. Leap o' logic, that's all.
If you want to refrain from being rude, don't bash the US (in this context) please.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well K-1/3 or H-1B are not very good visiting options!

If we are reading things that don't exist, it's because you are not clarifying, and what you are posting reads a lot like things we have read before. Leap o' logic, that's all.
If you want to refrain from being rude, don't bash the US (in this context) please.
I live in the US, I vote in the US, I pay taxes in the US, and I am a USC.
I can bash them all I want. I'll be a lemming when I'm dead.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:22 am

I live in the US, I vote in the US, I pay taxes in the US, and I am a USC.
I can bash them all I want. I'll be a lemming when I'm dead.
sigh.

Alright then, add "while visiting this forum". I am a USC. A voting USC. A taxpaying USC. Married to another tax paying, voting USC who was an immigrant.
I'm also the moderator, making a forum request.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
sigh.

Alright then, add "while visiting this forum". I am a USC. A voting USC. A taxpaying USC. Married to another tax paying, voting USC who was an immigrant.
I'm also the moderator, making a forum request.
As a forum request, ok.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I know. It totally sucked that my Iranian boyfriend couldn't get a visitor visa to the USA (because USA won't issue visitor visas to young male Iranians). And it totally sucks that Iran is not part of the VWP program. How on earth was he going to come visit me in the USA? Answer...he couldn't. So he didn't. I went to visit him in Turkey for as many times as it took to decide on marriage, and then we did a K-1 fiance visa for him to immigrate here.

I could have been mad at the US government for not allowing my boyfriend to come visit me. But me being mad and upset wouldn't change the law.

At least your girlfriend still has the option of applying for ESTA at a later time, and hopefully getting it approved so she can visit the USA again. My boyfriend never had such an option. And in the meantime, you can visit her, or you can meet up in a 3rd country where she can visit easily, like we did, until you guys decide marriage is the way you want to go.

Rene
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Lissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really nice

I´m afraid your girlfriend re-applied for the ESTA way too soon after having been denied the B2 visa in London.
I was myself denied a B2 visa at one point and waited for another year until re-applying for an ESTA, indicating the denied visa.
The request was granted, but had I applied any sooner it could easily have been a different matter altogether.

Best of luck!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So far I'm not impressed with my home country.
Respectfully, this isn't the fault of the US. It's your friend's fault for not doing some research ahead of time. She's done this to herself, and your anger is misdirected.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.