Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

riverslq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

A friend of mine got denied for the long term visitor's visa when she went to the London US embassy. Since then I've read that embassy was a poor choice... She's fine with the ESTA, but leaving every 90 days isn't all that fun. So..

Is there a known safe time period to re-apply for the 6 month and longer visitor's visas after being denied once?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:58 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re-applying for a non esta visitor's visa after being denied

Originally Posted by riverslq
A friend of mine got denied for the long term visitor's visa when she went to the London US embassy. Since then I've read that embassy was a poor choice... She's fine with the ESTA, but leaving every 90 days isn't all that fun. So..

Is there a known safe time period to re-apply for the 6 month and longer visitor's visas after being denied once?
There is no set time frame before reapplying. Every case is different.

She needs to update the ESTA responses to reflect her visa denial before using it again.

True visitors don't just "leave every 90 days". A true visitor has a time limitation and their stay in the US is not indefinite in nature. A travel pattern of long trips that are close together can lead to the person being refused.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.

She had to re-apply for the esta because of the visitor's visa being denied at the embassy. She already had an esta, but I guess because 'circumstances change', now the esta approval is in 72 hour limbo...
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way you wrote your post it sounds like she is living in the US.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

nope, she's still in the uk.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

But it sounds like she's "trying" to live in the USA....

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2011, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Is she a romantic interest of the opposite sex? What is your immigration status? Why is she not posting here herself?

Last edited by discoviking; Jun 25th 2011 at 5:14 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Default had esta, applied for b-2, was denied, now esta is denied

Does this make any sense to anyone?

So far i'm pissed at the US government for being a bunch of bureaucratic a******* But anyway. Here goes...

My friend in the UK had a valid ESTA, but since she wanted to spend more than 3 months here she went to the London Embassy to apply for a B-2 visa. They denied her the B-2 visa which as part of the B-2 application process cancelled the existing ESTA. So she re-applied for the ESTA, and now that was denied.
Really???

We try to go about things properly, and we get screwed. Tell me she's not hosed for the next 10 years here? And what the heck should she do next? Other than NOT going to the london embassy. Belfast seems about right now.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: had esta, applied for b-2, was denied, now esta is denied

To add:
The reasons for wanting the longer B-2 visa was to take a long break from the UK before looking for a new job. She's financially secure, still has a mortgage on a house in the UK and is still legally married.
She also can prove she has definite plans in Europe in November so she wouldn't be overstaying a visit.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Game over!

When are you getting married?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

sigh.
Belfast will be the same as London. Or make things worse.

It won't be ten years, but it's not going to be tomorrow. Or this summer, probably.

There really isn't a visa for hanging out in the US for more than 90 days, so there really isn't a 'properly' to be considered here. I'm sorry your friend didn't find this out ahead of time. You might consider visiting her instead. Or, having her visit somewhere near you, but in Canada if she is admissible there.

You were asked in your last thread to explain the story.. why don't you? We've pretty much read it all one way or another, and someone may have a solution for you.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

See what I get for typing a long answer...
Originally Posted by fatbrit
Game over!

When are you getting married?
I've come to the same conclusion, but like to have him admit it himself.
Of course, she is still married, so that's a nonstarter for the moment.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

How is she trying to live here?
Coming over for 3 months isn't trying to live here.

She's not posting here because shes currently dealing with the visa problem and slightly pissed. Not like I'm not.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I haven't seen anyone ask for me to get into the details in any of the posts.

But right now the details are simple, there is no way for her to come over for a visit now right? Lovely.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:01 pm

She can reapply for ESTA, but the more time she leaves before doing that, the better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.