Quick question on AOS paperwork

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Quick question on AOS paperwork

Hi all,

I am in the middle of putting together all of the paperwork we need for my AOS interview on the 17th May.

I notice it asks for things like the medical examination form and affadivit of support paperwork... but this was all the stuff I submitted when originally applying for AOS? It does say "(unless already submitted)", but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Also, the notice (I-797C, Notice of Action) says that it is for: "Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview". What does the word 'initial' mean here in this context? Is there another interview after this one?

Can I expect a Green Card to result from this interview?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question on AOS paperwork

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I notice it asks for things like the medical examination form and affadivit of support paperwork... but this was all the stuff I submitted when originally applying for AOS? It does say "(unless already submitted)", but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here.
Hi Matt,

If you didn't send the vaccination supplement in, bring that with you to the interview. If anything on the I-864 has changed, bring an updated one.

Also, the notice (I-797C, Notice of Action) says that it is for: "Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview". What does the word 'initial' mean here in this context? Is there another interview after this one?
That's just some kind of standard verbage. There's only one interview.

Can I expect a Green Card to result from this interview?
If you get approved on the spot, then yes, it will result in your GC being mailed out to you. You can also ask for the stamp in your passport. If for some reason you don't get approved that day (for example, security checks aren't finished), then you'll be approved at a later date.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:22 pm
Mimi

Hi Matt,

I would complete another affidavit of support if i were you, just
to be on the safe side. Don't worry about the medical. If you submitted
that file, they should have it, when you appear for the interview.
By initial interview, i guess they mean the main interview. Usualy
it should only be one interview, but they can request for you to show
up again, if they need more info.

congratulations on the interview,

mimi

Old May 4th 2006, 4:53 am
J Moreno

In article <[email protected]> ,
ukmancoll <member8949@british_expats.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
    >