Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

question regarding Varicella vaccination

question regarding Varicella vaccination

Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default question regarding Varicella vaccination

Hi all

If the Varicella vaccine is not available in the UK what happens when the UK spouse goes to the US?

My husband thinks he had chicken pox when he was little and is medically unable to have it done now but do we need to get something in writing from his doctor in the UK to show someone when he arrives in the US, since we wouldn't have to do AOS (married over 2 years) is this needed?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question regarding Varicella vaccination

Originally Posted by katnap8
If the Varicella vaccine is not available in the UK what happens when the UK spouse goes to the US?
I believe that if a vaccine is not available, you are exempt from getting it.

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Check my post a couple of weeks back vaccination info for parents.

Tracey
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katnap8
Hi all

My husband thinks he had chicken pox when he was little and is medically unable to have it done now but do we need to get something in writing from his doctor in the UK to show someone when he arrives in the US, since we wouldn't have to do AOS (married over 2 years) is this needed?
I've just been through that question myself. At your husband's medical the doctor should note the DS-3025 with 'VH' in the appropriate field. This will indicate to anyone reading it in the USA that Varicella injection is not available in the UK and that a waiver is being claimed.

I also got my UK GP to test for VH antibodies and to do me a printout confirming that I have VH antibodies (as I'd had CP as a child) and therefore didn't need it anyway. That wasn't necessary for me to do that but I was having other blood tests done at the time anyway so it wasn't a big deal to get it.