Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re:visit to Charlotte office on Monday

Question re:visit to Charlotte office on Monday

Old Mar 30th 2002, 1:05 pm
Selin Hall

Default Question re:visit to Charlotte office on Monday

Hey Everybody It says on INS webpage that Charlotte office sees people between
7:30AM and
2:00PM. And I always read on this newsgroup that people had to get in line way
earlier than 7:30AM. I wanted to ask you all what time should I be there at
the door, to guarantee that I'd be seen by them that day? Thanks for y'all's
help, Selin

Old Mar 30th 2002, 4:35 pm
Betastar

Default Re: Question re:visit to Charlotte office on Monday

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:04:11 GMT, "Selin Hall" <[email protected]> spake:

>Hey Everybody It says on INS webpage that Charlotte office sees people between
    >7:30AM and
    >2:00PM. And I always read on this newsgroup that people had to get in line way
    > earlier than 7:30AM. I wanted to ask you all what time should I be there at the
    > door, to guarantee that I'd be seen by them that day?

To be guarateed to be seen that day, I'd go no later than 7am. To be guaranteed to be
seen that morning, no later than 6am. We're usually there between 5 and 5:30 and out
by 10am. Bring a camping chair or a beach chair to sit on - the concrete gets cold.

Betastar

Old Mar 30th 2002, 5:05 pm
Selin Hall

thank you Betastar, I already checked the weather and looks like it's going to be a
wet morning in Charlotte on Monday. So I got myself one of those rain ponchos and
will get a beach chair tomorrow. Take care, Selin

"Betastar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:04:11 GMT, "Selin Hall" <[email protected]> spake:
    >
    > >Hey Everybody It says on INS webpage that Charlotte office sees people
    > >between 7:30AM
and
    > >2:00PM. And I always read on this newsgroup that people had to get in
line
    > >way earlier than 7:30AM. I wanted to ask you all what time should I be
there
    > >at the door, to guarantee that I'd be seen by them that day?
    >
    > To be guarateed to be seen that day, I'd go no later than 7am. To be guaranteed to
    > be seen that morning, no later than 6am. We're usually there between 5 and 5:30
    > and out by 10am. Bring a camping chair or a beach chair to sit on - the concrete
    > gets cold.
    >
    > Betastar

Old Mar 30th 2002, 11:05 pm
Betastar

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 05:17:14 GMT, "Selin Hall" <[email protected]> spake:

>thank you Betastar, I already checked the weather and looks like it's going to be a
    >wet morning in Charlotte on Monday. So I got myself one of those rain ponchos and
    >will get a beach chair tomorrow.

If you get there by 6:15 or so you've still got a fighting chance to be under the
roofed area.

The other strategy is to go with your spouse, and take turns sitting (or sleeping) in
the car =)

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn across the street, pop over for our early-morning
INS visit and then breakfast at the IHop (also across the street) before heading back
to Raleigh =)

Betastar

Old Mar 31st 2002, 3:05 am
Selin Hall

> If you get there by 6:15 or so you've still got a fighting chance to be under the
    > roofed area.
    >
    > The other strategy is to go with your spouse, and take turns sitting (or sleeping)
    > in the car =)

Exactly! My husband is working today till 4'o clock then is off tomorrow. As soon
as he gets off work, we're going to hit the road. I already made our reservation at
Holiday Inn. And IHop is a good tip, we'll have breakfast there too Happy
Easter, Selin

Old Apr 1st 2002, 1:35 pm
Selin Hall

Default A new "oops!" from INS

As some of you may remember, hubby and I went to Charlotte to drop off my EAD renewal
envelope. The reason why we decided to go to Charlotte instead of just mailing the
docs was because I didn't have the blue signature card and according to the
instructions that I downloaded from INS official site, it said that I needed to sign
that signature card and add it to the rest of the docs I was supposed to send. Well,
get this: We stayed at Holiday Inn and were first in line this morning at 5:30 AM in
front of the door of Suite 138 at Greenlawn Complex Building 6 (people who had to
deal with Charlotte office know what I'm talking about . We got our number, and
explained our situation to the officer. What do we hear? "Oh you don't need to do
those signature cards anymore!" "What????" If you don't need those anymore then why
the hell your internet site says you do??? If I knew they didn't need that signature
card, I would have just mailed the renewal package to them. And addition to that, you
know what the officer said when I asked her what we need to put in the envelope? Her
exact words were " the application form, the copy of your old EA card and 120 dollar
check" didn't mention pictures, didn't mention the proof that my I-485 is pending or
nothing.... One good thing came out of this trip, which is she checked our status and
told us that we still have 90 to 120 days before our interview will be scheduled. So,
for those of you who are getting ready to renew their EAD, you all don't need to do
signature cards. Take care, Selin