Certificate of naturalization

Old Mar 30th 2002, 2:35 pm
Moheb Missaghi

Default Certificate of naturalization

Hi,

I filed a petition with Texas Service Center for a fiance visa for my fiance who
lives in Russia, on July, 2001 and got a receipt on August,
2001 (Iam a US citizen). INS' message service indicated that they sent me a notice
requiring addtional information which I never received. I wrote to them
twice, went through my Congressman (Udall) and did everything I could to no
result. The INS just rejected my petition due to insufficient
documents/evidence that I had no idea how to provide! I finally got someone
on the phone who gave me a fax number to contact her so I did.

At this point I am loosing confidence in INS completely. I am worried about loosing
my Certificate of Naturalization which I sent with my petition following I129F's
instructions (apparently I could have sent the copy, but was stupid enough to follow
the letter of the form). I haven't received any of my documents back. I have written
them asking for the return of my petition material to no result. It seems that they
are just a huge sink, however, they'll find you in no time for rejecting your
application. Any idea how to get my Certificate back? Is there any point of
travelling to Texas? I appreciate any help.

Old Mar 31st 2002, 12:35 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Certificate of naturalization

Moheb Missaghi wrote:
    > I filed a petition with Texas Service Center for a fiance visa for my fiance who
    > lives in Russia, on July, 2001 and got a receipt on August,
    > 2001 (Iam a US citizen). INS' message service indicated that they sent me a notice
    > requiring addtional information which I never received. I wrote to them
    > twice, went through my Congressman (Udall) and did everything I could to no
    > result. The INS just rejected my petition due to insufficient
    > documents/evidence that I had no idea how to provide! I finally got someone
    > on the phone who gave me a fax number to contact her so I did. At this
    > point I am loosing confidence in INS completely. I am worried about loosing
    > my Certificate of Naturalization which I sent with my petition following
    > I129F's instructions (apparently I could have sent the copy, but was stupid
    > enough to follow the letter of the form). I haven't received any of my
    > documents back. I have written them asking for the return of my petition
    > material to no result. It seems that they are just a huge sink, however,
    > they'll find you in no time for rejecting your application. Any idea how to
    > get my Certificate back?

Call your US congressman's office and ask for the number of the immigration liaison,
then call the liaison and ask them to give you this assistance. You may have to
compose/fax a letter to the liaison stating exactly what happened and asking for the
specific help you want. It would be good to also fax them a copy of the RFE you
received. It is wise to cite as many specific dates as you can about what you did and
when, who you talked to, etc. It gives credence to your case. You can locate your US
congressman here: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ziptoit.html (note: in some
states the senator is of more help than the congressman, but in most states the
congressman is preferred, as the congressman will likely have a special immigration
liaison to assist in these matters. Also note that you should CALL for fastest
service--do NOT write, and do NOT e-mail.) Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Apr 1st 2002, 2:05 pm
Moheb Missaghi

Default Re: Certificate of naturalization

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> writes:

> Moheb Missaghi wrote:
    > > I filed a petition with Texas Service Center for a fiance visa for my fiance who
    > > lives in Russia, on July, 2001 and got a receipt on August,
    > > 2001 (Iam a US citizen). INS' message service indicated that they sent me a
    > > notice requiring addtional information which I never received. I wrote to
    > > them twice, went through my Congressman (Udall) and did everything I
    > > could to no result. The INS just rejected my petition due to insufficient
    > > documents/evidence that I had no idea how to provide! I finally got
    > > someone on the phone who gave me a fax number to contact her so I did. At
    > > this point I am loosing confidence in INS completely. I am worried about
    > > loosing my Certificate of Naturalization which I sent with my petition
    > > following I129F's instructions (apparently I could have sent the copy,
    > > but was stupid enough to follow the letter of the form). I haven't
    > > received any of my documents back. I have written them asking for the
    > > return of my petition material to no result. It seems that they are just
    > > a huge sink, however, they'll find you in no time for rejecting your
    > > application. Any idea how to get my Certificate back?
    >
    > Call your US congressman's office and ask for the number of the immigration
    > liaison, then call the liaison and ask them to give you this assistance. You may
    > have to compose/fax a letter to the liaison stating exactly what happened and
    > asking for the specific help you want. It would be good to also fax them a copy of
    > the RFE you received. It is wise to cite as many specific dates as you can about
    > what you did and when, who you talked to, etc. It gives credence to your case. You
    > can locate your US congressman here: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ziptoit.html
    > (note: in some states the senator is of more help than the congressman, but in most
    > states the congressman is preferred, as the congressman will likely have a special
    > immigration liaison to assist in these matters. Also note that you should CALL for
    > fastest service--do NOT write, and do NOT e-mail.) Alvena
    >
    > See the Doc Steen site here:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and
    > this is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from
    > old newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer,
    > go to: http://www.aila.org

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.