Question on the I-130

Old Jul 5th 2001, 12:07 am
JsSnugBug1

My husband and I will be married two years this Saturday, July 7th. We filed with the
NSC and have yet to have an interview. I was reading somewhere that you have to file
90 days in advance for removal of conditions or my spouse will be sent back. My
question is being we haven't had an interview yet are there conditions we need to
have removed? I'm at a total loss. I don't want my husband to be sent back. Any help
will be appreciated.

TYIA,

Beth

Old Jul 5th 2001, 12:22 am
Onigiri

>
filed
    >
that
    >
will
    >
there
    >
The "condition" is imposed as a result of the interview within the first two year
period of your married life together. The "condition" is that you maintain a genuine
marriage for these two years. Now that you have already done that ( while waiting for
the interview), when they eventually call you for the interview, bring along the
evidence that shows that you have already done that. The suggestions for the things
to bring along to that interview ( Adjustment of Status interview) are given in the
instructions for the form I-751 - the one that people use to remove the "condition".
Get the form and instructions and look at it. No need to file any forms. Just wait.
INS saved you $125 - the fee for the I-175, by this delay.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >