Question About Property,,,,

Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

anglwngs911 will become famous soon enough
Question Question About Property,,,,

Hi, Here i go again, i need help again,,,, lol,, well ,, I am applying for a change of residency to live her in the us with my husband,, I am a Canadian,,, the question is,,,, when i get my l-130,,,will I be able to go back to Canada to retreive my belongings that are still in my house,, I want to sell my home,,,but was wondering if i can go back and get my things, or do I have to wait till my green card goes through,, which could take months and even yrs,,,, anyone have any ideas, will I have any trouble going back to visit family or should I stay put till everything goes through,,,,, thanks again
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question About Property,,,,

Originally Posted by anglwngs911
Hi, Here i go again, i need help again,,,, lol,, well ,, I am applying for a change of residency to live her in the us with my husband,, I am a Canadian,,, the question is,,,, when i get my l-130,,,will I be able to go back to Canada to retreive my belongings that are still in my house,, I want to sell my home,,,but was wondering if i can go back and get my things, or do I have to wait till my green card goes through,, which could take months and even yrs,,,, anyone have any ideas, will I have any trouble going back to visit family or should I stay put till everything goes through,,,,, thanks again
Get Advance Parole before you try leaving the country.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do not understand you situation. If you enter the US after an I-130 has been approved by the Service Center and your interview at the US COnsulate on Montreal, you enter the US as a permanent resident and return to Canada the same day to get your belonging and/or bring them with.

Please explain what visa you are going for ... telling us an I-130 is insufficient.

Also, please note if you should be using periods (.) instead of comas (,)

Rete
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

anglwngs911 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
Do not understand you situation. If you enter the US after an I-130 has been approved by the Service Center and your interview at the US COnsulate on Montreal, you enter the US as a permanent resident and return to Canada the same day to get your belonging and/or bring them with.

Please explain what visa you are going for ... telling us an I-130 is insufficient.

Also, please note if you should be using periods (.) instead of comas (,)

Rete
Ok, I came here to the US in july/04, got married on dec/04,in the US, started paper work this January/05, was wondering if I would be allowed to go back to canada to get my belongings, I havent recieved any papers back yet, I havent been approved for my I-130 as of yet,I have just started to file them, not sure if I am allowed to go back to get my stuff or wait till my paper work is approved,
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I came here to the US in july/04, got married on dec/04,in the US, started paper work this January/05, was wondering if I would be allowed to go back to canada to get my belongings, I havent recieved any papers back yet, I havent been approved for my I-130 as of yet,I have just started to file them, not sure if I am allowed to go back to get my stuff or wait till my paper work is approved,

Depends on what you filed and where. From the brief paragraph above I would say whatever you filed was incomplete.

Did you file an:

I-130 Immediate Relative Visa
I-485 Adjustment of Status petition
(2) G-325A's Biographical forms for you and him
I-864 Affidavit of Support
I-131 Travel Document
I-765 Employment Authorization Petition

And did you file them ALL at the district office?

Or, did you:

file only the I-130 at the service center?

Rete