question about I130 please !!!

Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about I130 please !!!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perfect... because email isn't evidence of a bonafide marriage. It's simply evidence of communication between two people.

Ian
Agreed.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

milanoboy2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
13 is quite a lot. I think I'd pick 3 of them, from the people who know you as a married couple most. Remember, these are not people who just saw you get married, but who have spent time with you both after you got married. Even if that time is spent long-distance, perhaps on a webcam or by other communication with both of you, it should be someone who can testify that they know you both as a married couple (not just that you got married).

Yes, this is good. You also mentioned having a joint credit card...proof of that is good. Any other proof you have of your bonafide marriage is good...for example, your name on her bills in the USA (utility bills, insurance, home, car, etc.)

Phone records don't mean much here. Although I guess it means at least you keep in touch...you can include just a few of these, spread out over the time you've been apart.

Include a few photos if you have them.

If you have photos showing you all together as a family, then yes, include some of those.

That's good, you might need them for the visa interview...but it won't help the I-130, as I assume she would have already filed it by the time she comes to visit you.

I would include a COPY of it (not the original), ONLY if it has some kind of message on it like saying "I love you daddy" or "I miss you daddy", or some such thing. If it's just a child's painting of a tree and a house, don't bother.

There's no way to know in advance if what you have is "enough", but many married couples who spend the beginning of their lives apart do not have a lot of evidence. So pick your strongest evidence (the bank statements, the joint credit card, 3 strong affidavits, and a few photos) and it will probably be enough for the I-130 requirements.

Rene

P.S. - I've been to your country and saw your ancestors' tombs.

thats sounds very clear

thx a lot
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

milanoboy2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

thx every one