question about I130 please !!!

Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

milanoboy2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about I130 please !!!

Hey guys my wife is filling an I130 petion soon for me ,

Do we need to send the original sworn affidavites / original bank statement stamped by the banker / original birth certificate specially the foreign birth certificate will need to be translated and notorized ?

or photo copies will be fine ?

also how big the package of the I130 can be , our e-mail conversation alone can be like a book / over year and half of talking

i have another question ,
in our face book chat there is private messages that outsiders shouldnt be actually seeing
you know husband/wife talk )

SO
can i take those things out or i better leave it as it is ?

thanks every one
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about I130 please !!!

Originally Posted by milanoboy2010
Do we need to send the original sworn affidavites / original bank statement stamped by the banker / original birth certificate specially the foreign birth certificate will need to be translated and notorized ?
The answer is in the I-130 instructions. I don't think the alien's birth certificate needs to be included with the I-130. If evidence of bonafide marriage is required, it does not have to be sworn affidavits or bank statements, it can be anything which shows you have a joint life together as a married couple. If you ARE using such, then the affidavits need to be original. The bank statements can be photocopies...they do not have to be notarized.

In general, photocopies of evidence does not need to be notarized. Foreign documents need to be translated to English by someone who is fluent in both languages, and needs to include the "magic language" (do a search on this forum for that "magic language"). Or, the translations can be done by a translation company.

also how big the package of the I130 can be , our e-mail conversation alone can be like a book / over year and half of talking
The I-130 package should be big enough to include all the required forms and documents required in the I-130 instructions. I don't believe email conversations are required. I would include stronger evidence, if required, rather than email conversations.

in our face book chat there is private messages that outsiders shouldnt be actually seeing

SO
Do not include anything you don't want other people to see.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Read the I-130 instructions - this question is addressed there.

I would not - did not - use this kind of evidence. If you are going to, go over it with a very fine tooth comb and make sure that what you send does not implicitly or explicitly contain information that could be counterproductive. You don't want to shoot yourself in the gonads, or even just in your foot.

SO
Regards, JEff
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... our e-mail conversation alone can be like a book / over year and half of talking
Don't bother with email - the officer isn't going to read it. What would you be trying to accomplish with the email? Proof of a relationship? You don't need to prove you have a relationship... your marriage certificate is proof of that!

Ian
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I-130 instructions, Page 2, General Instructions.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Regarding proof of relationship:

I-130 instructions, Page 3, Items D - J.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't bother with email - the officer isn't going to read it. What would you be trying to accomplish with the email? Proof of a relationship? You don't need to prove you have a relationship... your marriage certificate is proof of that!

Ian
Ian,

The I-130 asks for additional evidence of bonafide marriage.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

we have like 13 sworn affidavites / joint bank activity showing that we both use it /
-Phone bills is hard to find because i use internet and her phone is prepaid / but i can provide y internet calls logs and its ALOT
-Photos are not alot because we didnt have time to take them but we still have some / we didnt have wedding party due to lack of time / money as i was busy in the college all the day and studying weekends but we had small religious ceremony with the mosque Imam family and few witnesses (they are providing sworn affidavites though )

-I have funny photos with my crazy step doughter trying to teach her some foreign language (never succeeded apart from few words)- do you think i should provide it or it wont be important i think it is because she is part of our family right ?

-my wife is coming to visit my home country soon so we will get tons of photos this time.

-my step doughter made painting for us and she is insesting it can be an affidavite smart kid but donno if that will look stupied to the USCIS people

does that seems to be enough as an proof or you suggest more ?
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
thank a lot

you guys are the most helpful i swear .

but you know there should be more proof on ongoing relationship as we have been living in deffirent countries for more than a year now since we got married -but my wife is coming to visit my family soon and also visit king Ramsis II and King Autankh Amun
should i get a sworn affidavite from them too as the are are part of my family (great grand perants ) / joke
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest less.

Only a few photos, of activities a married couple participates in, not of the wedding. As I've already suggested, forget e-mails and chat logs, or be very selective. Quality, not quantity.

Affidavits by wedding witnesses are meaningless - as Ian points out, your marriage certificate is all the evidence of being married that you need. As Rene points out, you need evidence that your marriage is bona fide not evidence that you got married.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I suggest less.

Only a few photos, of activities a married couple participates in, not of the wedding. As I've already suggested, forget e-mails and chat logs, or be very selective. Quality, not quantity.

Affidavits by wedding witnesses are meaningless - as Ian points out, your marriage certificate is all the evidence of being married that you need. As Rene points out, you need evidence that your marriage is bona fide not evidence that you got married.
yes but on teh sworn affidavites they will tell their experience with us being together and that we have on going marriage not only that they attended our marriage
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Ian,

Rene
yep that what i meant
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:43 am

we have like 13 sworn affidavites
13 is quite a lot. I think I'd pick 3 of them, from the people who know you as a married couple most. Remember, these are not people who just saw you get married, but who have spent time with you both after you got married. Even if that time is spent long-distance, perhaps on a webcam or by other communication with both of you, it should be someone who can testify that they know you both as a married couple (not just that you got married).

/ joint bank activity showing that we both use it /
Yes, this is good. You also mentioned having a joint credit card...proof of that is good. Any other proof you have of your bonafide marriage is good...for example, your name on her bills in the USA (utility bills, insurance, home, car, etc.)

-Phone bills is hard to find because i use internet and her phone is prepaid / but i can provide y internet calls logs and its ALOT
Phone records don't mean much here. Although I guess it means at least you keep in touch...you can include just a few of these, spread out over the time you've been apart.

-Photos are not alot because we didnt have time to take them but we still have some / we didnt have wedding party due to lack of time / money as i was busy in the college all the day and studying weekends but we had small religious ceremony with the mosque Imam family and few witnesses (they are providing sworn affidavites though )
Include a few photos if you have them.

-I have funny photos with my crazy step doughter trying to teach her some foreign language (never succeeded apart from few words)- do you think i should provide it or it wont be important i think it is because she is part of our family right ?
If you have photos showing you all together as a family, then yes, include some of those.

-my wife is coming to visit my home country soon so we will get tons of photos this time.
That's good, you might need them for the visa interview...but it won't help the I-130, as I assume she would have already filed it by the time she comes to visit you.

-my step doughter made painting for us and she is insesting it can be an affidavite smart kid but donno if that will look stupied to the USCIS people
I would include a COPY of it (not the original), ONLY if it has some kind of message on it like saying "I love you daddy" or "I miss you daddy", or some such thing. If it's just a child's painting of a tree and a house, don't bother.

does that seems to be enough as an proof or you suggest more ?
There's no way to know in advance if what you have is "enough", but many married couples who spend the beginning of their lives apart do not have a lot of evidence. So pick your strongest evidence (the bank statements, the joint credit card, 3 strong affidavits, and a few photos) and it will probably be enough for the I-130 requirements.

Rene

P.S. - I've been to your country and saw your ancestors' tombs.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:43 am

yep that what i meant
I know, I was pointing you to the exact page so you could read the kinds of suggestions they give.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:44 am

yes but on teh sworn affidavites they will tell their experience with us being together and that we have on going marriage not only that they attended our marriage
If they are people who have spent time with you AFTER your marriage, then yes, that is good.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Perfect... because email isn't evidence of a bonafide marriage. It's simply evidence of communication between two people.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.