A# Question

Old Feb 20th 2001, 10:22 pm
Brad Carpenter

When filling out the I-485 packet, (I-130, 864, many others), there are places to enter an
A# which we do not yet have. Is it okay to leave it blank until we turn in the petitions
and will the officers then enter the numbers in the respective blanks for us? or will the
papers be returned and we have to do it and stand in line again?

Thanks

Old Feb 20th 2001, 10:24 pm
Brad Carpenter

Does the medical exam need to be completed also before submitting the I-485 stuff or will
the INS give us a list of physicians that are approved to do this and give us time to turn
the med form in later?

Thanks Again

Old Feb 20th 2001, 11:39 pm
Nalu

I wrote "none" where it asked for the A# on all the forms. Although the INS officer gave
me the A# the day I filed the I-485 package.

The medical exam needs to be filed with the I-485 package, I would call the 1-800 number,
you can get a list of approved civil surgeons on your area., so when the INS requires the
medical test, you already have it. The doctor will give you a sealed envelope with the
forms, and all your medical records.

Good luck, Nalu

|
| Does the medical exam need to be completed also before submitting
the I-485
| stuff or will the INS give us a list of physicians that are approved
to do
| this and give us time to turn the med form in later?
|
| Thanks Again
|
|

Old Feb 21st 2001, 2:00 am
Alex Jackson

Not all offices require (or want) the medical at the time of filing. We filed with Helena,
MT office and they do not want the medical sent in when you file. We will be getting it
done next month - interview is in April. Check with the office you are filing at.

Alex

Nalu wrote:

> I wrote "none" where it asked for the A# on all the forms. Although the INS officer gave
> me the A# the day I filed the I-485 package.
>
> The medical exam needs to be filed with the I-485 package, I would call the 1-800
> number, you can get a list of approved civil surgeons on your area., so when the INS
> requires the medical test, you already have it. The doctor will give you a sealed
> envelope with the forms, and all your medical records.
>
> Good luck, Nalu
>

> |
> | Does the medical exam need to be completed also before submitting
> the I-485
> | stuff or will the INS give us a list of physicians that are approved
> to do
> | this and give us time to turn the med form in later?
> |
> | Thanks Again
> |
> |

Old Feb 21st 2001, 1:59 pm
Tim

Never leave any spaces blank. If you dont have a A#, then write NONE in thespace. Same
with other questions, if they dont apply then write N/A.