Processing time!

Old May 7th 2009, 10:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time!

Originally Posted by kg4zlb
Ah ha, my set of instructions are slightly out of date hence the incorrect address but I spoke with USCIS before sending the package and they said that they accept forms that have been superseded as long as they fall within their own date criteria, which they did!

Funnily enough, when I went to my local UPS store to send the file, they queried the address, they asked "South Dearborn...what?", I showed them the address in the instructions and they accepted it - it was also signed for on delivery so I think I would have heard by now if there was a problem with the address. I know Government Offices/Employees can be a nightmare to deal with but sending the whole lot back on that basis would be rather churlish! And anyway, they sure cashed the check quickly enough

David
From now on, do yourself a favor and always double check the fee and mailing address information under 'special instructions' on the form download page (for the specific form) at uscis.gov
The web pages can be updated virtually instantly. The forms can not (by law).

Last edited by Noorah101; May 7th 2009 at 10:05 pm. Reason: corrected typo for clarity :)
Old May 8th 2009, 12:25 am
Just Joined

kg4zlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair point but not relevant anymore as everything is now filed and I only really wanted to know if anyone knew the processing time, strewth!
Old May 8th 2009, 12:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point but not relevant anymore as everything is now filed and I only really wanted to know if anyone knew the processing time, strewth!
You couldn't even identify what processing time you were talking about!
Double strewth!

Plus if you read for ten minutes, you'd see that processing time is the ONE question that NO ONE can answer!

PS: answers on the forum are often for the benefit of others beyond the original question asker. Some people prefer to lurk and read. And you will have further applications and petitions to file in the future. Knowing where to get the right info MIGHT be helpful to you one day.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

kg4zlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it was an I-130 Petition (with all the other documentation appended with it) sent to Chicago.

My observation was that the turnaround time between filing and receiving the appropriate authorities was in the region of 3 months at the end of last year.

My question was whether anyone knew whether these times might still be in the ball park!

No ambiguity, maybe a wrongly used word or term here and there but I still maintain that it was blindingly obvious what I was doing and what I was asking!

However, next time maybe I should have my Lawyer write the question so everyone doesn't get "all unnecessary"
Old May 8th 2009, 1:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was an I-130 Petition (with all the other documentation appended with it) sent to Chicago.
You're still saying it wrong. It was an I-485 petition, including all the additional documentation, for AOS.

No ambiguity, maybe a wrongly used word or term here and there but I still maintain that it was blindingly obvious what I was doing and what I was asking!
I guess it wasn't blindingly obvious to me, since I had 3 different scenarios in mind that you could have been doing, and had to ask a lot of questions to figure out which one it was! LOL

Rene
Old May 8th 2009, 1:46 am

What you are doing is known as Adjustment of Status or AOS. As mentioned to you today, there is no processing time for the Chicago Lockbox (a mailbox), the I-130 processing times do not apply to you, the I-485 times do, and, processing times are completely dependent on your District Office, which we still do not know.

If you have a lawyer, I do recommend that you ask her to explain what you're doing to you, so that you might know if something is going astray. Of course, that still isn't answering your question which can not be answered.