Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Wikiposts

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Originally Posted by y2b4sure
Thanks for the update...good info. Any idea how long it takes for the advanced parole to come back?
Sorry didnt ask that question. Will try that one tomorrow
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't be surprised if 3-4 months now turns into 6-9 months with the huge increase of filings due to the current dates debacle.
The only hope for a quicker turnaround is that they retrogress india/china again.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:19 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyghiggins
I wouldn't be surprised if 3-4 months now turns into 6-9 months with the huge increase of filings due to the current dates debacle.
The only hope for a quicker turnaround is that they retrogress india/china again.
Read this on a lawyers website,

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_oct07vb.html.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:29 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris

Does anyone know whether there are a limited number of immigrant visas available during this extra July/August window they gave us, or will all qualified & eligible persons who apply in time receive their PR??

Has anyone heard if there is just a specific amount of them available, and so some may be refused owing to lack of visas?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris

Interesting file now if you can. But anyone who can, would, wouldnt they, like NOW?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

"EB3 cases were all retrogressed, with cut off dates ranging from May 8, 2001 to August 1, 2002."

They have to increase that surely or no one will need to file, as they would have already been done, unless pre-labro cert.

Anyhow I am feb 2003, so I am sure I will miss out again, lame.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:41 pm
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyghiggins
"EB3 cases were all retrogressed, with cut off dates ranging from May 8, 2001 to August 1, 2002."

They have to increase that surely or no one will need to file, as they would have already been done, unless pre-labro cert.

Anyhow I am feb 2003, so I am sure I will miss out again, lame.
So what are we saying here? Are we saying that even though my papers are filed, if the dates retrogress in October then my application for PR won't be processed?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:30 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by y2b4sure
So what are we saying here? Are we saying that even though my papers are filed, if the dates retrogress in October then my application for PR won't be processed?
Yes, I think so.
Jumping Doris posted a quote from her lawyer in post #181 which said essentially once the I-140 is approved your I-485 will only be approved if your priority date is still current.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

But your medical reports won't need to be refiled again in 5 years time when your priority date becomes current our lawyer was doing a phone conference and I'm sure she said that once your 485 has been receipted then you'll get your EAD and Travel Approval which at least will be a bit easier than having to keep going to London to get your H1B extended
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave2702
But your medical reports won't need to be refiled again in 5 years time when your priority date becomes current our lawyer was doing a phone conference and I'm sure she said that once your 485 has been receipted then you'll get your EAD and Travel Approval which at least will be a bit easier than having to keep going to London to get your H1B extended
Yes thats true but I kind of liked the company paid for free trips back home. Last time they put us up in a dead swank place in Mayfair, it was fab. Both my sisters live in London so it was great. Got to see them too and then we took a couple of weeks holiday. All the while OH still got his per dieums so we were well quids up in the end.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

After 5 years being here all our green cards were finally approved today.

Receipt date 21st February 2007
I-140 approved July 27th
I-485 approved August 9th

It would seem that some people (EB1/EB2)who filed before July 2007 had already been assigned visa numbers.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:54 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete

I-140 approved July 27th

It would seem that some people (EB1/EB2)who filed before July 2007 had already been assigned visa numbers.
Congratulations!!! Crack open the bubbly
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:59 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I-140 approved July 27th

Fantastic. Congratulations
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:15 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!, hope all goes well for the future.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:50 pm
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

I-140 approved July 27th

I'm jealous...I'm going to open up a beer and sing Yankee Doodle Dandee...maybe that'll get me to the front of the line quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.