Posting checklist to consulate

Old Feb 13th 2001, 10:43 pm
fionanicholson

Hi

Just wanted to ask some advice about posting my checklist to the consulate. I have
finally completed all the boxes and am ready to send off my checklist requesting an
interview date.

Does anyone have any recommendations about what to include in the covering letter, asides
from the date of the marriage occuring. I am doing a DCF through Sydney.

Thanks for any help.

Fiona

----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web -----
http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net
prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net
violate posting guidelines, email [email protected]

Old Feb 14th 2001, 12:41 am
sine nomine

Does anyone have any recommendations about what to include in the covering
: letter, asides from the date of the marriage occuring. I am doing a DCF through Sydney.

not really. just tell them the date the marriage will happen and mention that you'd like
the next available interview date after that. they only do i-130s on mondays and tuesdays,
so you can just request a specific date if you'd rather.

--
sine | deb you've got plenty of lead time

Old Feb 14th 2001, 2:10 am
fionanicholson

Thanks for that info.

I am posting off my checklist today. I have about 10 weeks until the wedding, but that
time will fly by quickly. I basically just indicated the date of the wedding and requested
an interview that week. I am lucky in that I live in Sydney so I don't need to fly here
from anywhere.

Fingers crossed I get an interview.

Fiona
>
>: Does anyone have any recommendations about what to include in the covering letter,
>: asides from the date of the marriage occuring. I am doing a DCF through Sydney.
>
>not really. just tell them the date the marriage will happen and mention that you'd like
>the next available interview date after that. they only do i-130s on mondays and
>tuesdays, so you can just request a specific date if you'd rather.
>
>--
>sine | deb you've got plenty of lead time

----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web -----
http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net
prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net
violate posting guidelines, email [email protected]

Old Feb 14th 2001, 5:47 am
sine nomine

Fingers crossed I get an interview.

good luck, but i think you probably will. we requested an oct 3rd date at the end of
august and had no problem getting it.

--
sine | deb since you live in sydney, i guess looking out the window won't be a big deal to
you. <grin> make him look anyway.

Old Feb 15th 2001, 12:25 am
Susan Crockett

Hi Fiona

I just returned from Sydney after doing the dcf. My husband did not send a cover letter
with his checklist. It appeared to me as we went through the paperwork processing that the
consulate had his previously submitted biographic info in front of them, which is where he
indicated our marriage date. It took approximately two weeks to hear back from the
consulate after submitting the checklist, and they honored our marriage date (6 Feb);
interview date was 12 Feb.

Sue

>
> Hi
>
> Just wanted to ask some advice about posting my checklist to the
consulate. I
> have finally completed all the boxes and am ready to send off my checklist requesting an
> interview date.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations about what to include in the covering letter,
> asides from the date of the marriage occuring. I am doing a DCF through Sydney.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Fiona
>
> ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the
eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through
> NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
[email protected]