Possible L1-B Visa petition

Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:04 pm
I love NC

Rach123 will become famous soon enoughRach123 will become famous soon enough
Default Possible L1-B Visa petition

Hi,

I have read several threads, however I cannot seem to find the answers that I require.

My company will be shortley applying for an L1-B visa for me. However I have already got a holiday planned there for 2 weeks at the end of August.

Is it best to wait until I am there before they start the petition, or is it not an issue, as I will be entering on the VWP.

I have thought about contacting the embassy about this, but the UK site, only appears to have a contact phone number, not a email address.

My boyfriend is American, so we have also discussed the possiblility of getting married, but again, how would that effect my visa application.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible L1-B Visa petition

Originally Posted by Rach123
Hi,

I have read several threads, however I cannot seem to find the answers that I require.

My company will be shortley applying for an L1-B visa for me. However I have already got a holiday planned there for 2 weeks at the end of August.

Is it best to wait until I am there before they start the petition, or is it not an issue, as I will be entering on the VWP.

I have thought about contacting the embassy about this, but the UK site, only appears to have a contact phone number, not a email address.

My boyfriend is American, so we have also discussed the possiblility of getting married, but again, how would that effect my visa application.

Any advise would be appreciated.
A vacation before your interview will be no problem

Why even mention a boyfriend....
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:14 pm
I love NC

Thanks for that, I wan't sure how that would lie with the immigration inspectors when I get to the airport for my holiday, and was concerned, thats all. If there was an issue, I would wait till I was there before advising my company to apply. Do you have any ideas where I could get confirmation of this, just in case I do run into any problems. I don't want to have to forfeit my holiday.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rach123
Thanks for that, I wan't sure how that would lie with the immigration inspectors when I get to the airport for my holiday, and was concerned, thats all. If there was an issue, I would wait till I was there before advising my company to apply. Do you have any ideas where I could get confirmation of this, just in case I do run into any problems. I don't want to have to forfeit my holiday.
Nothing wrong with telling the POE ..that you are applying for
L visa ..and coming over to scout out somewhere to live ..open bank accout etc..
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:29 pm
I love NC

Thanks. I will probably gt a letter from my employer over here, before hand anyway just to cover all aspects. The process has not yet begun. Thanks for the advise.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:03 pm
Proud owner of a Keg!

Alix is an unknown quantity at this point

No Need to give the Immig officer extra information. If they ask, tell them the truth. You should not have any problem visiting USA on WVP.

Good luck!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:35 pm
I love NC

Thanks, more good news...