Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Portable DVD players for kids in car - region free?

Portable DVD players for kids in car - region free?

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Portable DVD players for kids in car - region free?

Hi all,
We are just about to drive from New York City to Kamloops in BC with our eight and nine year old. I've been thinking about bits of kit to keep them occupied on the way, and thought a portable DVD player might come in handy.

Has anyone used one of these successfully in the car, and more importantly managed to unlock the region coding. We have mostly UK films and unlocked our US DVD player just fine, but the portables seem more tricky (which is a bit ridiculous, given that they must mostly be used by travellers...)

Any advice would be very welcome, plus other things worth buying (we have ipods and DSs, but it's going to be a two week journey )
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice
Default Re: Portable DVD players for kids in car - region free?

The one in Best Buy can be made region free.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1164157845393

Cheaper at Amazon btw

However, average reviews. I have it but we only use it periodically and its been fine. I bought the extended warranty (I think $20) which I don't normally do, but given the reviews I did.

If its a dual one you want, unfortunately general consensus is most of them are crap. Unless you pay a LOT of money for it.

Region free instructions here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/in...ns-7dpdvd/8394