police reports

Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

elle16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question police reports

Forgive if this has been asked before. I'm just waiting on the go ahead to complete my visa application and came across a post that mentions police reports. I was a British army wife for many years, lived in Berlin and another part of Germany. Will I need to get police checks/reports from there or is it just the British one?

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police reports

What visa are you applying for?

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2016, 11:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

From past posts, looks like you're applying for an immigrant visa based on your USC daughter sponsoring you.

You will need a police report from any country you lived in for more than 1 year, after the age of 16.

Google "reciprocity table" to find out how to get one from Germany.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2016, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I should have said. My daughter is sponsoring me
Old Nov 6th 2016, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

You beat me to it Rene. Thank you
Old Nov 6th 2016, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Have had a read and seems straightforward enough although you have to post the request to them. Takes 6 weeks and will have to be translated into English. Guess I'm not going to miss the fee increase deadline. Hey ho :-)
Old Nov 8th 2016, 12:04 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

The NVC fees are not increasing next month, just USCIS ones. If you are at the police report stage, I assume your I-130 has been filed and either approved or is close to approval. In which case the USCIS fee has been paid. The final fee that you pay after your visa is issued is increasing from $165 to $220 so you will have to pay the new fee for that one. Also the medical increased to £290 in September.

I had to get a police report from Germany. It was a hassle because the application had to be notarised and apostilled. Other than that, it was relatively swift. I translated it myself.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
The NVC fees are not increasing next month, just USCIS ones. If you are at the police report stage, I assume your I-130 has been filed and either approved or is close to approval. In which case the USCIS fee has been paid. The final fee that you pay after your visa is issued is increasing from $165 to $220 so you will have to pay the new fee for that one. Also the medical increased to £290 in September.

I had to get a police report from Germany. It was a hassle because the application had to be notarised and apostilled. Other than that, it was relatively swift. I translated it myself.
I was a Forces brat, and I'm also ex military and had to get various countries Police Certs, the most difficult and time consuming was from Cyprus.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Twinkle-yes the 1-130 was approved 27th October and I'm just waiting on whatever is coming my way. I knew I had to get a Uk police report but not German one till very recently. I work in the court service so getting docs notarised will be easy and can send it to the firm that does court translations-wont get it any cheaper though lol.
I'm hopeful that I only need one German report although I lived in two parts and several years apart. Thanks for telling me about the fees. I find it this process a bit overwhelming being on my own.

Dj6372- how long did they take?
Old Nov 8th 2016, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elle16
I'm hopeful that I only need one German report although I lived in two parts and several years apart.
You need only one report per country.

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2016, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ian. :-)