police reports

Old Feb 11th 2001, 6:51 pm
georgesgirl35

i just want to know if im reading this right on the aos form,as i am married to a usa
citizen and dont need to file the supplement paper then i dont need to get a police report
from england? thanks

Old Feb 11th 2001, 9:49 pm
Alvena Ferreira

No, you do not need to get the poice report from England. alvena

Georgesgirl35 wrote:
>
> i just want to know if im reading this right on the aos form,as i am married to a usa
> citizen and dont need to file the supplement paper then i dont need to get a police
> report from england? thanks

Old Feb 11th 2001, 11:24 pm
MoonRose13

Dear Georgesgirl,

<< i just want to know if im reading this right on the aos form,as i am married to a usa
citizen and dont need to file the supplement paper then i dont need to get a police report
from england? thanks >>

I am an American citizen. My husband still had to show a police report. He had to bring
two police certificates to the US Embassy. One from his country of origin and one from the
Yorkshire Police Department. A police certificate is required from any country in which
you have lived for six months or longer.

Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Feb 12th 2001, 1:54 am
Alex Jackson

One can assume that he is in the US since he mentions the AOS form. He therefore does not
need police reports from England. From your post I would assume you think he is still in
England - then he would.

Alex

MoonRose13 wrote:

> Dear Georgesgirl,
>
> << i just want to know if im reading this right on the aos form,as i am married to a usa
> citizen and dont need to file the supplement paper then i dont need to get a police
> report from england? thanks >>
>
> I am an American citizen. My husband still had to show a police report. He had to bring
> two police certificates to the US Embassy. One from his country of origin and one from
> the Yorkshire Police Department. A police certificate is required from any country in
> which you have lived for six months or longer.
>
> Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Feb 12th 2001, 4:54 pm
sine nomine

MoonRose13 wrote:

: I am an American citizen. My husband still had to show a police report. He had to bring
: two police certificates to the US Embassy. One from his country of origin and one from
: the Yorkshire Police Department. A police certificate is required from any country in
: which you have lived for six months or longer.

this is true for k1ers and dcfers, but not for people adjusting from other sorts of visas.
it's easy to forget that the ins has lots of minor changes in what's required depending on
the form and where it's being filed.

--
sine | deb and dcf is a special case among special cases.