Police Report Worry PLEASE HELP

Old Jun 20th 2002, 9:20 am
John

Default Police Report Worry PLEASE HELP

Just got the Police report through the mail and I am pretty upset! There is one
conviction marked on it from 1997 for a Breach of the Peace (Malicious damage). Now I
ticked NO on my application for convictions as it was my understanding that I would
have no police record if I paid the fine promptly and it would not go to court! ( i
am sure i was told i would not have a criminal record) Also i am not sure this is a
"National Idendification Check" I did pay £10 , but the form i filled out was just 2
sided, and did not mention anywhere on it as being a national indentification check.I
got back a cover letter from them headed REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOU HELD ON
POLICE COMPUTERS category SCOTTISH CRIMINAL RECORD OFFICE COMPUTER
. The actual conviction was printed on a seperate A4 peice of paper ,and on two more
bits of paper where my description, height etc and the address i was staying at at
the time(which i might ad was my girlfreinds house)! PLEASE HELP what should i do
now ? Should i wait until getting my interview to tell them about this? or do you
think the scottish police messed up by not giving me the right report? what does
the report look like anyway? I feel depressed now John

Old Jun 20th 2002, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Police Report Worry PLEASE HELP

Sorry to read your problem.
I can't help you much but the form the INS are looking for
should have a blue stripe on the top and bottom.
I thought all police reports covering England, Scotland and
Wales came from Scotland Yard in London.
I hope someone else can offer you more in depth advice.
Godd luck
Roger
Old Jun 20th 2002, 6:20 pm
Telman.8

Default Re: Police Report Worry PLEASE HELP

John,

This is worth checking out. Usually (but not always) a Breach of Peace charge results
in a Bind Over (which is NOT a conviction).

Were you actually fined? if so, then it sounds as though there was a conviction as
such. (A Bind Over results in you being warned that if you breach the B.O. during the
term of that B.O. you will have to pay a sum of money, but no money is paid by way of
a fine or anything else at the time the B.O. is imposed.)

Double-check the sheet. Was it a fine or was it a "cognizance"?

If it was a fine and there was a conviction you will have to wait for others to
advise you as to what to do about your application.

telman (A one-time practising lawyer in England)

"john" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just got the Police report through the mail and I am pretty upset! There is one
    > conviction marked on it from 1997 for a Breach of the Peace (Malicious damage). Now
    > I ticked NO on my application for convictions as it was my understanding that I
    > would have no police record if I paid the fine promptly and it would not go to
    > court! ( i am sure i was told i would not have a criminal record) Also i am not
    > sure this is a "National Idendification Check" I did pay £10 , but the form i
    > filled out was just 2 sided, and did not mention anywhere on it as being a national
    > indentification check.I got back a cover letter from them headed REQUEST FOR
    > INFORMATION ABOUT YOU HELD ON POLICE COMPUTERS category SCOTTISH CRIMINAL RECORD
    > OFFICE COMPUTER
    > . The actual conviction was printed on a seperate A4 peice of paper ,and on two
    > more bits of paper where my description, height etc and the address i was staying
    > at at the time(which i might ad was my girlfreinds house)! PLEASE HELP what
    > should i do now ? Should i wait until getting my interview to tell them about
    > this? or do you think the scottish police messed up by not giving me the right
    > report? what does the report look like anyway? I feel depressed now John