Police Certificate for Germany

Old Jun 19th 2002, 9:20 pm
Foolish501

Default Police Certificate for Germany

I spent 3 years living in Germany (but working for the NAAFI (UK Forces company), and
i've been given details by Bastian on here on who i need to contact about getting a
police certificate, but my german is non existant.

Anybody know if i'll be able to send a letter in english requesting application form
(if they do it like the uk) and get an english form.

Old Jun 20th 2002, 7:21 am
Corina Ovod

Default Re: Police Certificate for Germany

foolish501 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>. ..
    > I spent 3 years living in Germany (but working for the NAAFI (UK Forces company),
    > and i've been given details by Bastian on here on who i need to contact about
    > getting a police certificate, but my german is non existant.
    >
    > Anybody know if i'll be able to send a letter in english requesting application
    > form (if they do it like the uk) and get an english form.

Hi, I have just received my Certificate of Conduct from Bonn a couple of days ago.
The German Legal Office turned out to be very quick and efficient.

Check these two web-sites for an application form and other instructions (translation
in English is available) on how to apply for a Certificate of Conduct.

http://www.german-embassy.org.uk/pol..._good_con.html

http://www.german-embassy.org.uk/fuzg02.pdf

I'll send you some additional information on the subject a bit later. Until then ,
see if these two sites will be of any help to you. gotta work now

corina

Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:20 am
Bastian Freitag

"foolish501" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > i need to contact about getting a police certificate, but my german is non
    > existant.
    >
    > Anybody know if i'll be able to send a letter in english requesting application
    > form (if they do it like the uk) and get an english form.
    >

It should not matter if your request is written in English or German. If you could
fax the request rather than sending it via snail mail, that'd speed things up and you
might get a notice what to do exactly to get an application form.

If you worked for the NAAFI here in Germany, can't the UK Forces help you out?

British Forces Germany: http://www.bfgnet.de/

Or... call/fax/mail the British Embassy in Berlin. here is the link to their website
http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/

The British Embassy Wilhelmstr. 70-71 10117 Berlin Germany Tel +49 (0)30 20457-0

Hope this well help you.

Bastian

Old Jun 20th 2002, 10:25 am
Des

Which city did you live in last? I'll try to find the form for you if you'll give me
the details. Just email me and I'll see if I can help. I can try to fill it out for
you, so that you just have to sign and send it off?

- Des

Des

Don't know if my previous message posted - send me an email with your details (which
city did you last live in?), and I will try to fill out the form for you so you just
need to sign it and send it off. I doubt that there are forms available in English...
- Des

Bastian Freitag

"Des" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Don't know if my previous message posted -

yup

> send me an email with your details (which city did you last live in?), and I will
    > try to fill out the form for you so you just need to sign it and send it off. I
    > doubt that there are forms available in English...
    > - Des

the link Corina gave him includes an application form in English

Bastian

Old Jun 20th 2002, 12:30 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Germany for 3 years with Army and I rang the German consulate about this and they said that if you did not register with the local police station in Germany you need not apply for a police certificate as living on a British Army base is classed as being in Britain.

They also said that if was worried and wanted to get a certificate any way just go to the German Embassy (no appointment needed) and fill out a form, pay 12 Euros and the police certificate would be sent from Bonne in a couple of weeks.

Hope this eases your worries. I have decided to pay the 12 euros for peace of mind but not produce it unless specifically asked.
Old Jun 20th 2002, 7:20 pm
Corina Ovod

"Bastian Freitag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Des" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Don't know if my previous message posted -
    >
    > yup
    >
    > > send me an email with your details (which city did you last live in?), and I will
    > > try to fill out the form for you so you just need to sign it and send it off. I
    > > doubt that there are forms available in English...
    > > - Des
    >
    > the link Corina gave him includes an application form in English
    >
    > Bastian

Hi again, I promissed to get back to you with more info regarding the Certificate of
Conduct. First of all, I would recommend to apply at the Legal Office from Bonn (Der
Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshoh Dientstelle Bundeszentralregister,Bonn),
since it proved to be very fast (at least in my case). There are couple of other
sites with info on this subject, but everything is in German, so I'll try to give you
a brief description of what you have to do. First of all, if you decide to post your
application form to Bonn, I would suggest to download the application form available
on their site:

http://www.bundeszentralregister.de/.../bzr/bzr15.htm (look under
point # 4, at the end).

It says that you have to fill out the application form in German, but there is
nothing in there that will look differently in German than it does in English. You
will only have to type in your name,last name,date of birth, etc.

Also, after you have completed the form, you need to go to a public notary office and
have it authenticated.

If I were you, I wouldn't fax the application form, the instructions in German say
clearly that it has to be posted via the post mail (send it registered). Here is
the address:

Der Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister
Sachgebiet BZR 32 - Internationale Rechtshilfe - 53094 Bonn

The fee (13 Euro) has to be transfered in Euros to Deutsche Bundesbank, Filiale Bonn,
BLZ 380 000 00, Account # 380 01005. You need to enclose a proof of payment/copy of
paying-in slip. I paid $30 to transfer 13 Euro...doesn't really make sense, but that
was the only way I could transfer the money from Moldova (small country from Eastern
Europe bordered with Romania and Ukraine). I am sure there must be an easier way to
do it from the States.

Well, I think that's about all I had to say. Good luck! Hope you everything goes
smoothly for you.

PS: One more suggestion - I mentioned that the Legal Office from Bonn worked out
great for me, but it would probably be wise to make sure that it is the right
place in your case too. I don't see why it wouldn't be, but you never
know....better to be certain.

bye, Corina

Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:20 pm
Foolish501

Corina, many thanks for your help, i've got the form now, ready to fill out, and the
local police station have agreed to notorize it when i take in my police application
form to them.

On 20 Jun 2002 00:00:34 -0700, [email protected] (Corina Ovod) wrote:

>foolish501 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]> ...
    >> I spent 3 years living in Germany (but working for the NAAFI (UK Forces company),
    >> and i've been given details by Bastian on here on who i need to contact about
    >> getting a police certificate, but my german is non existant.
    >>
    >> Anybody know if i'll be able to send a letter in english requesting application
    >> form (if they do it like the uk) and get an english form.
    >
    >
    >Hi, I have just received my Certificate of Conduct from Bonn a couple of days ago.
    >The German Legal Office turned out to be very quick and efficient.
    >
    >Check these two web-sites for an application form and other instructions
    >(translation in English is available) on how to apply for a Certificate of Conduct.
    >
    >http://www.german-embassy.org.uk/pol..._good_con.html
    >
    >http://www.german-embassy.org.uk/fuzg02.pdf
    >
    >I'll send you some additional information on the subject a bit later. Until then ,
    >see if these two sites will be of any help to you. gotta work now
    >
    >corina

Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:20 pm
Foolish501

Patrick, many thanks for this info, i think i will do the same and just send it off
just in case, trying to do everything by the book to make sure nothing stops me
moving over to the states.

On 20 Jun 2002 14:20:30 GMT, Patrick <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was in Germany for 3 years with Army and I rang the German consulate about this
    >and they said that if you did not register with the local police station in Germany
    >you need not apply for a police certificate as living on a British Army base is
    >classed as being in Britain.
    >
    >They also said that if was worried and wanted to get a certificate any way just go
    >to the German Embassy (no appointment needed) and fill out a form, pay 12 Euros and
    >the police certificate would be sent from Bonne in a couple of weeks.
    >
    >Hope this eases your worries. I have decided to pay the 12 euros for peace of mind
    >but not produce it unless specifically asked.

Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

The above replies, just go to prove what a fantastic site this is, and the fact that people who have gone through similar experiences take the time and effort to help each other out, when
they could adopt the attitude of "I've got mine, now you get yours" (if you know what I mean)
My tuppence worth, just in case, if the report comes back in German, you will need to have it translated into English, as you probably know.
I had to do the same with a Spanish police certificate and phoned
the language department at (my local) University of Warwick.
I faxed the report to them and recived it back NOTARIZED within
a week. In total it cost £105, but well worth it.
They did actually use a translator in Surrey, so the fact that they were a local Uni was irrelevant.
If you want their phone number email me and I'll "dig it out"
Good luck to you both
Roger (+ Ida)