Police Certificate Question

Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Police Certificate Question

I am just getting my forms done to request my police certificate but there appears to be a slight difference between what the police ask for for address history and what the K1 checklist info states.

The instructions for the forms ask for 5 years of addresses, while the K1 information says that the police certificate should be for all addresses since the age of 16.

Should I include all addresses back to age 16 on the form even though it doesn't ask for it? I've already listed back 5 years and can easily put the rest in the 'further information' section at the back of the form if need be, but will they even look at those?

Thanks
Jenna
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:14 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate Question

If the K-1 visa instructions ask for all of your addresses since age 16, then that's what you should get.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

So basically list all my addresses and they'll do the certificate for them all? Should I write on it specifically that that is what I need them to do or will they just check all the addresses I give them?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not pay £35 and get back something useless!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
So basically list all my addresses and they'll do the certificate for them all?
Yes.

Should I write on it specifically that that is what I need them to do
No.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Magic, thanks
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:07 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
So basically list all my addresses and they'll do the certificate for them all? Should I write on it specifically that that is what I need them to do or will they just check all the addresses I give them?
I just realized that I assumed that all of your past addresses since age 16 are in the UK? If you lived in another country (besides the US) then you would leave those addresses off the UK police certificate application and instead get a separate police certificate for that country

If Mark and I ever move to the UK, this is the one thing that I'm worried about, because I'd have to get a Chilean police certificate for the two years I lived in Santiago, which I know won't be easy! LOL

~ Jenney
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Luckily all UK
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you are using the application from here: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
They already know what you are getting it for; no need to explain.

Police Certificates

The ACPO Criminal Records Office is piloting an initiative to provide Police Certificates for Visa purposes. The four countries involved in the pilot are Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America.

The attached application form and associated guidance should be used when applying for a Police Certificate, which will provide the results of a criminal record check.

Download Application Form in Word or PDF Format

For enquiries concerning the completion of this form, please contact ACRO on 0845 60 13 999 during our office opening hours (8:30-16:30) Monday to Friday or via email: [email protected]

Police Certificate - Police certificates are required for each visa application aged 16 years or older. A separate certificate is required from the police of each country in which the applicant has lived for twelve months or more after the age of 16; the period is six months if country of birth or current nationality. This certificate must state cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area or country and state what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. Important Notice: If you are 16 years of age or over and were born in the United Kingdom or the UK is your current nationality you will require a police certificate to cover your period of residence of six months or more since reaching the age of sixteen. The period is twelve months for all other nationalities.

Just the one, officially requested police certificate from ACPO is all that is required for a UKC resident in the UK and who has not lived outside the UK previously.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Make sure you are using the application from here: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
They already know what you are getting it for; no need to explain.
Yes, that's the one I was using I got it from another thread where you had a posted the link, so thanks for that.

J
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

mfchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for helping Jet and me, everyone! You're the greatest!

Last edited by mfchris; Apr 26th 2009 at 10:56 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:09 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

In my fiance's case, he had lived in Derbyshire for 5 months after age 16, according to the K-1 it asks for police certs for any place lived after aged 16 for more than 6 months.

We included the derbyshire address on the K-1 but did not get a police certificate for the derbyshire location because he was there less than 6 months.