Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please... Somebody advice me I-134

Please... Somebody advice me I-134

Old Jan 7th 2003, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road
Default Please... Somebody advice me I-134

Hi all,

I have a question, do I need to provide copies of the tax returns directly from the IRS or can I use the copies of the one were filled and maybe get them notarized??

Please, I am running out of time and need some advice

Thanks

Regards,

Lizzie
Old Jan 7th 2003, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

geofftex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please... Somebody advice me I-134

Originally posted by lizzie1977
Hi all,

I have a question, do I need to provide copies of the tax returns directly from the IRS or can I use the copies of the one were filled and maybe get them notarized??

Thanks

Regards,

Lizzie
We used copies of the Returns that I filled out notarized and then the W-2's from last 3 years. You can also request transcripts from the IRS. This shows that you filed. It takes a couple of weeks to get them. You also need the employment letter.
We didn't have problems with the I-134 in Canada.
I don't know what other copies of returns there are. I don't get much back from the IRS after sending the returns.
Old Jan 7th 2003, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

You do not need anything notarized except the I-134 itself (the sworn statement at the bottom). I photocopied the returns I sent to IRS as well as my W-2's. I also included only a letter of employment and a statement from the bank with my balance and opening date (not the 1 year of deposits as requested in the I-134 instructions). I did not include any other financial docs as my income is sufficient. Islamabad had no problems with my packet.

omer

Originally posted by lizzie1977
Hi all,

Thanks

Regards,

Lizzie
Old Jan 7th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Osaeed

Thats what I am doing right now , and translating the tax returns using the forms in english.

I am just waiting to get back to US to send it to my husband and also we are still waiting for Packet 3 to get into his hands.

Thanks again for all you advice and help

Regards,

Lizzie
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Who notarizes the I-134? My notary or the Consulates notary?

I noticed the fee for getting something notarized in London was $55. I can get it for free, soooooooooo..........

Help please
Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Any notary will do. So if you find one for free, all the better!

Good luck.

omer
Old Aug 25th 2003, 3:50 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by osaeed
You do not need anything notarized except the I-134 itself (the sworn statement at the bottom). I photocopied the returns I sent to IRS as well as my W-2's. I also included only a letter of employment and a statement from the bank with my balance and opening date (not the 1 year of deposits as requested in the I-134 instructions). I did not include any other financial docs as my income is sufficient. Islamabad had no problems with my packet.

omer

Are all those documents required for the I-134 (tax returns, bank statements, employer letter) or is one type sufficient? And do they ask for 3 years of tax returns or just one year?
Old Aug 25th 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

rob133 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its best to check with each embassy as they vary as to what they require. London seem happy with 2 of the requirments. I'm not sure about how long they require the tax returns for, one or three?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're self employed it's usually 3 years. Check the London Consulate website. It's very informative.