Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please need help anyone please reply me.

Please need help anyone please reply me.

Old Dec 24th 2009, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

kbknaidu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please need help anyone please reply me.

hi,

i have applied for student dependant visa from london.i am an indian citizen here in lonodn on student visa.the VO kept my file under admisnistration process since 2 months.recently i got an email from the embassy that please send your passport and dependant i-20,and i have sent it now.i wiant to know 2 things.....
1)is every body who on administartion process will be asked to send the passports by the embassy???

2)will the embassy ask the passports even for refusal???

please let me know...i am very worrying..since 4 days...really i am dieing.....
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please need help anyone please reply me.

It's a good sign. Not a guarantee that they will grant the visa, but likely. Remember the consulate will be operating more slowly over Christmas.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by henryh
It's a good sign. Not a guarantee that they will grant the visa, but likely. Remember the consulate will be operating more slowly over Christmas.
thanks for the reply but i want to know is everybody in the administration process will be asked to send the passport to the embassy??/is the case is positive or negetive what ever it is???
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Did they also ask you to pay for courier return of your passport? The passport is usually requested so that the visa can be placed in it and the passport is then returned to you.

When you the terms Student Dependent I take it you applied for an F-1 Student Visa and that the VO actually means the CO - consulate officer.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Did they also ask you to pay for courier return of your passport? The passport is usually requested so that the visa can be placed in it and the passport is then returned to you.

When you the terms Student Dependent I take it you applied for an F-1 Student Visa and that the VO actually means the CO - consulate officer.
yeah the courier people asked me to pay the return courier fee to return my passport.but i want to know is will the embassy people ask for the passport for the every administration process candidate or only those who want to be issued a visa in it???
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbknaidu
... will the embassy people ask for the passport for the every administration process candidate or only those who want to be issued a visa in it???
The "embassy people" usually only ask for a passport when they intend to issue the visa. If they were going to refuse you, they'd just tell you and not bother asking for the passport.

Ian