Please help me. I'm heartbroken.

Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me. I'm heartbroken.

I'm recalling when I moved from 3700 Wilshire Blvd. #500, LA 90010 to 6255 Sunset Blvd. #915, LA 90028, I check the box "new address" on the notice of appearance [EOIR-28] filed with the immigration court.

Well, the next time I go to court, the Immigration Judge chews me out for not giving a correct address to the court and items had been returned as "undeliverable." I examine the document and tell the IJ "My new address is 6255 Sunset." IJ responds -- "That is exactly what it says. 6255 Wilshre."

The court's computer had my address as "6255 Wilshire Blvd. #915, LA 90028." My written EOIR-28 was correct.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:43 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, it is interesting to look up the address information for the US Embassy in London. Then take a look at the address of the "American Citizen Services" unit of the self-same embassy.

A while back there was a thread where the poster was in a panic because the on-line delivery receipt from the express company showed a delivery address other than "24 Grosvenor Square." I think the delivery was at an address on the Bond Street side of the building if memory serves me correct.

BTW, I just played a bit with Google Maps including the imaging software. It is kid of neat.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Jan 8th 2012 at 3:47 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
No, you're not being nosy. As you say, a lot of people responded and I do appreciate that. And its nice to be referred to as a family, highlights the human element.

Well this is what I know up to now.....
The UK business address was incorrect on the petition. Apparently the address showed as Bxxxx Close instead of Bxxxx Road AND the postcode was also incorrect. An extra numerical digit was on the postcode and no such postcode exists.
And if that wasn't enough, the bank address was also incorrect similar to above....no such address, no such postcode.
The Consular Officer had googled the addresses to discover this. I can't speak for whoever mucked this up (don't know who) but a simple look at the UK company website would have revealed the accurate information. The address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, emails, are there for all to see.
The Consular Officer evidently decided to treat these non-existent addresses and postcodes as misrepresentation / fraud. Had my son realised what decision she was about to take based on her findings, he could maybe have cleared it all up. But he was never given the chance.

Anyway, it's in the lawyers hands now.
Thanks so much for giving us an update.

Please keep us posted as its always good to know the outcome of our forum members. Best wishes to your family and we hope things work out well for them.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:58 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

What's happening Coopa, did this get resolved?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:19 pm
Waiting for GC

Linda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michael
It may have been a typo but it shouldn't happen over and over again.

My experience with lawyers have been less than satisfactory. During my last divorce, my ex and I agreed to use one lawyer since the divorce was amiable we had already decided how we were going to split up the property. We gave the lawyer clear instructions and a list of about 6 major items (houses, cars, debts, savings, pensions, and taxes) that were to be divided but he wanted use to also list furniture and all other small items. We declined and told him to just put those things in the document. When we saw the document prior to court, he made a mess of it and we called him and told him to straighten out his wording so that it made sense. When I went to court, the document was still a mess and the judge started asking questions about the document (didn't understand what they were referring to) and I told the judge that he can scratch those items since they were already resolved.
I ALWAYS check EVERYTHING the lawyers enter on our forms.
On husbands H-1B renewal petition the question "has anyone included on this petition submitted a petition for LPR (or words to that effect) was answered "No" .I have an approved GC petition from 2008 and it was the same lawyers, but they keep changing the paralegal.
If I'm signing it ,I'm reading it, then you can only blame yourself if it's incorrect.

What a mess and I do feel for the OP and her family. I would be having strong words with the attorney.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
Thought a new thread would be best, following on from my "will my family be able to come back"

Passports arrived today with CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE stamped in them and a letter accusing the petitioner of misrepresentation. The petition and all supporting docs are being returned to USCIS with a recommendation they revoke the petition.

We are all devastated. Never saw this coming. And it's the same petition that flew through the embassy first time round.

I'm still in shock and can't stop crying. My son is absolutely stunned. What is he supposed to say to his 5 year old who is excited about getting back to his school and all his friends.

They have lost everything. They have no home, no jobs, hardly any clothes, and can't even come back to collect and pack up their possessions.

What a nightmare

Was this problem ever resolved? Is your family coming back to the US?