Please help me. I'm heartbroken.

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help me. I'm heartbroken.

How long has he been working for his current employer?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:35 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the employer had their L's working at client sites..
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Maybe the employer had their L's working at client sites..
That may be possible. ICE has been cracking down on Indian outsourcing companies so maybe they are looking at all of that type of employees.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 6:23 am
Account Closed

Well it seems that 18 months ago he was considering emigrating then 12 months later had moved to somewhere adjacent to the OP in Florida.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:04 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
That may be possible. ICE has been cracking down on Indian outsourcing companies so maybe they are looking at all of that type of employees.
I've heard of companies who were caught with their "IT consultants" (laboreres) sent to "client sites" (gas stations) to run the "network" (lotto machine).
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

maore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud ofmaore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How can someone without a visa arrive at a US POE without ESTA approval?
As far as I understand
The purpose of ESTA is to determine if:
* you are a national of VWP
* Fly or sail to the USA
* Not being a security threat

So I personally took the risk and took the train from Montreal withan ESTA refused and visa refused (under administrative processing), without 5 hours of work from the CBP officer I would have never get in the USA. The CBP officer told me he went through these extra efforts (checking I was not a security threat) because I have been truthfully all along about my visa history (denials), the pupose of my trip, eligibility to VWP,etc...
It is a big risk to take because it depends on so many factors.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maore
As far as I understand
The purpose of ESTA is to determine if:
* you are a national of VWP
* Fly or sail to the USA
* Not being a security threat

So I personally took the risk and took the train from Montreal withan ESTA refused and visa refused (under administrative processing), without 5 hours of work from the CBP officer I would have never get in the USA. The CBP officer told me he went through these extra efforts (checking I was not a security threat) because I have been truthfully all along about my visa history (denials), the pupose of my trip, eligibility to VWP,etc...
It is a big risk to take because it depends on so many factors.
I suppose if you are willing to fly to a 3rd country and take the risk it may be worth it...but without ESTA approval the airlines will not allow you to board a flight to the US.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Has he worked for them in an executive and/or managerial position for 1 year before being transferred to the US? I know if he didn't, then that might be grounds for denial based on fraud if it was claimed and weren't true.

When the company filed the I-140 for him [and family?], did they include the I-485s as well? If they did, then did he and the family go for biometrics and were the forms I-765 (employment authorization form) and I-131 (advance parole form) included with the I-485. They can and should be filed together as the fee for the I-485 includes all three forms.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

After so many responded to this note and provided advice/sympathy, wouldn't it be good to know what happened to this family?

Are they still stuck in the UK? Are they sorting out their visa issues?

...... or am I just being nosy?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
After so many responded to this note and provided advice/sympathy, wouldn't it be good to know what happened to this family?

A tad impatient perhaps.

It's only been 5 days since the OP's last post.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A tad impatient perhaps.

It's only been 5 days since the OP's last post.
A very good question, perhaps we hit too near the mark?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

No, you're not being nosy. As you say, a lot of people responded and I do appreciate that. And its nice to be referred to as a family, highlights the human element.

Well this is what I know up to now.....
The UK business address was incorrect on the petition. Apparently the address showed as Bxxxx Close instead of Bxxxx Road AND the postcode was also incorrect. An extra numerical digit was on the postcode and no such postcode exists.
And if that wasn't enough, the bank address was also incorrect similar to above....no such address, no such postcode.
The Consular Officer had googled the addresses to discover this. I can't speak for whoever mucked this up (don't know who) but a simple look at the UK company website would have revealed the accurate information. The address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, emails, are there for all to see.
The Consular Officer evidently decided to treat these non-existent addresses and postcodes as misrepresentation / fraud. Had my son realised what decision she was about to take based on her findings, he could maybe have cleared it all up. But he was never given the chance.

Anyway, it's in the lawyers hands now.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
No, you're not being nosy. As you say, a lot of people responded and I do appreciate that. And its nice to be referred to as a family, highlights the human element.

The UK business address was incorrect on the petition. Apparently the address showed as Bxxxx Close instead of Bxxxx Road AND the postcode was also incorrect. An extra numerical digit was on the postcode and no such postcode exists.
And if that wasn't enough, the bank address was also incorrect similar to above....no such address, no such postcode.
The Consular Officer had googled the addresses to discover this. I can't speak for whoever mucked this up (don't know who) but a simple look at the UK company website would have revealed the accurate information. The address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, emails, are there for all to see.
The Consular Officer evidently decided to treat these non-existent addresses and postcodes as misrepresentation / fraud. Had my son realised what decision she was about to take based on her findings, he could maybe have cleared it all up. But he was never given the chance.

That is why you need a lawyer. You just can't afford to make little mistakes like that. Oops, it was the lawyers fault.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:21 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa

Ouch!

A couple observations --

British Postcodes have either 6 or 7 characters. I can easily see how forms software will allow an extra character.

ZIP and postcodes are way too easy to make a typographical error -- one that will not be readily correctable in normal proofreading. Also, it is quite common to put in "Street" rather than "Road" or "Boulevard" etc etc.

BTW, I'm wondering how far back the typo's go? I bet that a lot of stuff went through everybody with no problem.

Also, I've seen where the typo was in the supporting documentation!

Methinks that con-off was a tad too paranoid. If everything is otherwise on the up-and-up, this is the type of thing that can often be corrected.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Ouch!

A couple observations --

British Postcodes have either 6 or 7 characters. I can easily see how forms software will allow an extra character.

ZIP and postcodes are way too easy to make a typographical error -- one that will not be readily correctable in normal proofreading. Also, it is quite common to put in "Street" rather than "Road" or "Boulevard" etc etc.

BTW, I'm wondering how far back the typo's go? I bet that a lot of stuff went through everybody with no problem.

Also, I've seen where the typo was in the supporting documentation!

Methinks that con-off was a tad too paranoid. If everything is otherwise on the up-and-up, this is the type of thing that can often be corrected.
It may have been a typo but it shouldn't happen over and over again.

My experience with lawyers have been less than satisfactory. During my last divorce, my ex and I agreed to use one lawyer since the divorce was amiable we had already decided how we were going to split up the property. We gave the lawyer clear instructions and a list of about 6 major items (houses, cars, debts, savings, pensions, and taxes) that were to be divided but he wanted use to also list furniture and all other small items. We declined and told him to just put those things in the document. When we saw the document prior to court, he made a mess of it and we called him and told him to straighten out his wording so that it made sense. When I went to court, the document was still a mess and the judge started asking questions about the document (didn't understand what they were referring to) and I told the judge that he can scratch those items since they were already resolved.

Last edited by Michael; Jan 8th 2012 at 10:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.