Please help me

Old Jul 24th 2014, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me

I don't know if the term "anchor babies" is accurate or appropriate however there have been several busts of home based businesses here in SoCal which were set up specifically to cater for birth tourists. ie. the sole purpose was to come and have the baby on U.S. soil and then leave.

Even our local hospital tried to get a piece of this action before they were found out and prevented from doing so.

Chinese birth tourism booms in Southern California - The Mommy Files
Old Jul 24th 2014, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is more a long term investment.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the good ones are.

But my point is, it does indeed happen.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 5:33 am
Account Closed

Obviously it is big business, quite how big who knows?

US is the only 'Western' Country I think that allows this opportunity, and I can see the logic of at least having one child here.

It is of course likely to be a long term plan from the Chinese perspective, but who knows what might happen in 20 years and it gives you some sort of guaranteed option. And lets face it cheaper than an EB5 and you can exercise the option at a time that suits you, or never.

On other boards the cases I have see are more likely to involve cost, much cheaper option using Emergency Medicaid. There is a lot of negative comment about the US Health Care here but if you have no option where you are other than paying then the cost of a ticket and a visa may be a lot cheaper. Plus your child has more options in the future.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Without insurance or a substantial amount of money, your wife will receive only basic "emergency" treatment, which still cost well over $20k, maybe even upto $30k or more in a high cost area. For your wife and child's sake GO HOME!
Some perspective,

John Muir CA our bill was around 100K for c section. Of course we had insurance.

I have heard 30K number for not insured tho

Last edited by E3only; Jul 24th 2014 at 6:53 am.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:06 am
Account Closed

There are some people with no Insurance and money, how common that combination is in this sort of situation I have my doubts.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abu21
Hello ,

my wife is on visit visa alone with myself here in usa. she is soon expecting a baby here .would like to ask about how I can apply or get medical card or some things ?
Because I can't afford the expensive which going to come in hospital.
we are on visit visa.

Hope to hear from you soon.
What is her due date? If she's too close to her due date, she won't be allowed to fly back home to give birth, so your only choice in that case will be to have the baby here and pay the cost. You can make arrangements with the hospital to continue making payments after you go back home when vacation is finished.

Hopefully having the baby in the USA won't cause you to overstay.

Seems to me you would have been able to plan the trip better, knowing she was pregnant.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2014, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There are some people with no Insurance and money, how common that combination is in this sort of situation I have my doubts.
All their wealth would probably be back in their home country, so they could easily plead poverty here - or promise to pay and return home with little or no threat of extradition!