Please help me

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

abu21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me

Hello ,

my wife is on visit visa alone with myself here in usa. she is soon expecting a baby here .would like to ask about how I can apply or get medical card or some things ?
Because I can't afford the expensive which going to come in hospital.
we are on visit visa.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me

Originally Posted by abu21
Hello ,

my wife is on visit visa alone with myself here in usa. she is soon expecting a baby here .would like to ask about how I can apply or get medical card or some things ?
we are on visit visa.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Welcome to BE.

Please can you provide more info about the visa...what number is the visa...B1 perhaps?

If she is visiting she should have taken out travel insurance...to cover her for medical expenses...especially if she was pregnant .
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a visitor too, or do you work here? Do you have medical insurance?
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... would like to ask about how I can apply or get medical card or some things ?
Visitors aren't usually eligible to apply for US health or medical insurance... and, since you're already in the US, you can't apply for travel insurance.

Sorry - but you have two choices: 1) she leaves the US and returns to your home country to have the baby; or 2) she stays in the US and you pay the medical expenses.

Sorry - but that's the price you pay for having a child born in the US.

Ian
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

B2 would be a Visitor Visa.

Heading home would be the obvious solution.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Are you a visitor too, or do you work here? Do you have medical insurance?
We are both on B2 visit visa,so what are option available for her ? as we can't afford the expensive ? please help me out. we don't have medical insurance as well.

Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Best one is go home.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

The ONLY option is to go home. You will be hit with major bills if you stay in the US.

Where is home, BTW? I'm guessing Asia somewhere as it appears that English is not your first language.

As you can't travel in the third trimester, it seems like you didn't plan your holiday very well and it could end up costing a LOT of money!

[skeptic mode on] If your plan was to have the baby in the US and use it as a means to gain PR, AFAIK, it doesn't work that way! [/skeptic mode off]
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:55 am
Just Joined

thanks so where I went wrong ,was better to apply medical insurance before traveling to usa ? to cover hospital expensive.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Yes you should have travel insurance, but that would not cover normal pregnancy costs.

But you have your solution.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Yes you should have travel insurance, but that would not cover normal pregnancy costs.

But you have your solution.
so which insurance can cover the pregnancy costs , please can you let me know . thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Whatever you have in your home country.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

We are both on B2 visit visa,so what are option available for her ? as we can't afford the expensive ? please help me out. we don't have medical insurance as well.

Thanks
Your option is to go home or pay large medical bills. There is no other option.

Why are you as visitors trying to have a baby in the US?
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Your option is to go home or pay large medical bills. There is no other option.

Why are you as visitors trying to have a baby in the US?
Also a child born in the US does not mean the parents will be able to stay here.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 23rd 2014 at 3:57 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

so which insurance can cover the pregnancy costs , please can you let me know . thanks
Without insurance or a substantial amount of money, your wife will receive only basic "emergency" treatment, which still cost well over $20k, maybe even upto $30k or more in a high cost area. For your wife and child's sake GO HOME!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.