Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

please help, denied us tourist visa in belfast

Wikiposts

please help, denied us tourist visa in belfast

Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

mintprata is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please help, denied us tourist visa in belfast

Hi all.

I'm preparing to depart tomorrow already.

Just would like to ask everyone,

I mentioned during the rejected visa application interview that my bf (who's also a singaporean) is in the states.

if I were being asked during the secondary interview if I have a bf in the states, what should I say?

I know I should NOT say yes to the question, but what if the embassy people recorded down my intention to visit the US?

Please help!
Thanks.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mintprata
I mentioned during the rejected visa application interview that my bf (who's also a singaporean) is in the states.

if I were being asked during the secondary interview if I have a bf in the states, what should I say?

I know I should NOT say yes to the question, but what if the embassy people recorded down my intention to visit the US?
You should tell the truth. You should say YES to the question, since it's true. You can further clarify that your boyfriend is not a USC.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:01 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm arriving at JFK Which my friend said was a bad bad choice because officers there are generally more stringent.

Boiler, may I know when was the time you experienced a rejected Visa application and still travel into the US with the VWP?

How long was your secondary interview? How should I prepare myself during the interview. I am really afraid, I'm flying on Saturday
Secondary Interviews are gonna be different for each person. I had to go through Secondaries since around 2008 because apparently someone screw up my record on SEVIS while I was a F-1 Student, and I kept on being asked the same questions over and over again the past 5 times I entered the U.S. (When did you attend school? When did you graduate?). Initially it took about 15-20 minutes because the border agent probably had to check the computer on my records...I mostly entered from LAX or Chicago O'Hare.

Just last month I entered the U.S. again, through JFK, as a tourist on VWP...the secondary screening took like 1-2 minutes...I think they didn't even bother checking the record anymore after seeing all my entry stamps in the past year.

So to answer your question, it can be as short as 1-2 minutes (and the longest for me was 15-20 minutes)

Other Advice: Bring a copy of your return ticket itinerary, evidence of school/employment in Singapore.

Last edited by lifehouse51; Mar 5th 2010 at 10:04 am.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Emily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to all

I think the thing to remember with a B2 application is you can reapply again. You dont have to wait six months, two years or whatever. You can re-apply. Yes, you could get denied again. However, if your trip is for the sole purposes of a holiday, you intend to depart in a timely and legal fashion and you can show strong ties to whatever country you are based in, then go for it.

Another point is now that you have been denied on ESTA is a solid reason, why you have to reapply for a B2 visa.

Many people think, it is impossible to overcome a B2 denial and may be for some it is not and for the right reasons, but for others, it really can be. Everything depends on the Consulate.

From that, if you have been denied a visa and been denied on ESTA, but subsequently get a visa then expect secondary. Secondary as every one writes can vary. Secondary isnt the end of the world, it is a part off the process and you have to be honest to the officers at secondary and explain why you got denied the B2 visa in the first place and bring with any paperword that you brought to the consulate.

I think key to all of this is be honest, dont lie on any forms, dont lie about your intents, dont lie about anything, dont think about out-smarting the system (it doesnt work like that nor should it), instead approach it with, how can I better comply with its' requirements.

HTH!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:57 am
Banned

DanielMDQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Please help!
Thanks.
Mintpatra, the big day is finally here! i wish you the best!!!!! everything will go fine,

keep us updated
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:10 pm
Banned

DanielMDQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank God Mintpatra was allowed to enter into the US (i've read on her facebook)

but please, tell us what happened at the airport please, tell us everything,
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

bignames is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Please help!
Thanks.
So how did it go? Did you get into the country? Did you have to go to a secondary interview, and If so what did they ask? A friend of mine will be traveling here and I would love to know how you did.

Andy