Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please Help!!! Anyone have any idea?

Please Help!!! Anyone have any idea?

Old Apr 24th 2002, 4:40 am
Drshiv2000

Default Please Help!!! Anyone have any idea?

Hello Everyone, This wonderful group has helped me and my US citizen wife many times
during our K-1 visa process. Thank you to all..I have another doubt if anyone might
be able to help me. I have to go back to my native country for about 3 weeks since my
father is very sick. I am in the process of getting my greencard so I know I need to
get Advanced Parole beforehand. My question is:

1. Are they issuing AP these days, I mean without hassles and doctor's letter etc
etc? I come under Cherry hill, NJ jurisdiction, does anyone have any experiences
with them regarding AP?

2.What are my chances of getting an AP? I really really need to go see my father as
he has lung cancer and I would regret it if I didnt go now and it was too late.

3.Can the US government deny my entry into the US when I come back? My wife is not
coming with me so I will be entering alone. What I mean to ask is, by having the
AP-does this guarantee that I am legally permitted to return back to the States
without any hassles

4.Does obtaining the AP delay in my application for Greencard?

Thank you very much for your time, any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Old Apr 24th 2002, 5:10 am
Geminiboy7

Default Re: Please Help!!! Anyone have any idea?

Here are your answers in hope that it would help you!

1) INS always issues AP, but they need proof that you really need it, like doctor's
papers or fax or something. If you wont show up the right papers/proofs, they may
delay your AP from 1 to 6 months.

2) You can always get an AP upon request to INS.

3) Advance Parole never guarantees entry into USA, it is advised that you come back
before the end date on AP. I would suggest that take your wife if possible. They
can not deny unless there is a reason for it, like may be you crossed the date
of entry. I have not heard of anyone like that though. INS wants to make sure
that you respect the rules and you are not leaving the country for any minor
reason. And that is why I would suggest that you show the doctor's and other
nessecary papers.

4) Obtaining the AP may delay on your AOS process. But again, this is something which
can not be predicted. My brother came on the same Visa (K1) and INS took almost 3
years to give me the Green Card. And I recenly got my interview letter from the
INS which was only 1 year!! So, it is hard to predict.

Personal suggestion: I think you really should go and see your father, leave rest on
God and it will be fine.

Cheers Amit

"drshiv2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Everyone, This wonderful group has helped me and my US citizen wife many
    > times during our K-1 visa process. Thank you to all..I have another doubt if anyone
    > might be able to help me. I have to go back to my native country for about 3 weeks
    > since my father is very sick. I am in the process of getting my greencard so I know
    > I need to get Advanced Parole beforehand. My question is:
    >
    > 1. Are they issuing AP these days, I mean without hassles and doctor's letter etc
    > etc? I come under Cherry hill, NJ jurisdiction, does anyone have any experiences
    > with them regarding AP?
    >
    > 2.What are my chances of getting an AP? I really really need to go see my father as
    > he has lung cancer and I would regret it if I didnt go now and it was too late.
    >
    > 3.Can the US government deny my entry into the US when I come back? My wife is not
    > coming with me so I will be entering alone. What I mean to ask is, by having the
    > AP-does this guarantee that I am legally permitted to return back to the States
    > without any hassles
    >
    > 4.Does obtaining the AP delay in my application for Greencard?
    >
    > Thank you very much for your time, any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Old Apr 24th 2002, 6:10 am
Shelley

Default Re: Please Help!!! Anyone have any idea?

Advance Parole is generally granted to everyone who requests it. You can get one for
multiple entries and it is good for 1 year. According to Matt Udall's site
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm it is taking 4-7 days for the Cherry Hill
office to issue AP. You will need a copy of that "grocery store style" receipt from
your AOS paperwork along with your I-131, the fee and photos to get your AP, and
according to the Cherry Hill INS site -
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...ll/aboutus.htm the application
must be submitted in person. You can always ask if they will do it the same day you
take it in (a letter from your father's doctor might help as well), but even if they
don't your wait doesn't appear to be too long. You can use your AP traveling with or
without your wife, my husband Ken used his AP for business travel all the time and I
was not with him, and he never had a problem. The first time you use you AP you will
be stopped and they will review the paperwork, stamp a few things and such, if you
use it again they will just look it over and send you through (this was Ken's
experience). To the best of my knowledge, using your AP does not affect the
processing of your AOS paperwork at all - Ken's AOS application was processed and
approved on the timeline we were quoted when we submitted it. Take care. Shelley

"drshiv2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Everyone, This wonderful group has helped me and my US citizen wife many
    > times during our K-1 visa process. Thank you to all..I have another doubt if anyone
    > might be able to help me. I have to go back to my native country for about 3 weeks
    > since my father is very sick. I am in the process of getting my greencard so I know
    > I need to get Advanced Parole beforehand. My question is:
    >
    > 1. Are they issuing AP these days, I mean without hassles and doctor's letter etc
    > etc? I come under Cherry hill, NJ jurisdiction, does anyone have any experiences
    > with them regarding AP?
    >
    > 2.What are my chances of getting an AP? I really really need to go see my father as
    > he has lung cancer and I would regret it if I didnt go now and it was too late.
    >
    > 3.Can the US government deny my entry into the US when I come back? My wife is not
    > coming with me so I will be entering alone. What I mean to ask is, by having the
    > AP-does this guarantee that I am legally permitted to return back to the States
    > without any hassles
    >
    > 4.Does obtaining the AP delay in my application for Greencard?
    >
    > Thank you very much for your time, any help or ideas would be appreciated.