Please any help! Really worried!

Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:22 pm
Jamie2005

Default Re: Please any help! Really worried!

I thank you all for the advice,

I just don't want to lose £900.00 on this trip i have booked.

The trip is on November 9th, so i'm sure i won't get a interview in
time.

Also is it possible to play dumb, This would be the only time i would
not apply for a visa. After this i would always get a visa for Travel
and Work and inform them i have 1 conviction.

I just don't know how strict they are.

--
jamie2005
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:15 pm
Kevin Keane

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

jamie2005 wrote:

>
    > I thank you all for the advice,
    >
    > I just don't want to lose £900.00 on this trip i have booked.
    >
    > The trip is on November 9th, so i'm sure i won't get a interview in
    > time.
    >
    > Also is it possible to play dumb, This would be the only time i would
    > not apply for a visa. After this i would always get a visa for Travel
    > and Work and inform them i have 1 conviction.
    >
    > I just don't know how strict they are.

The problem really isn't with this trip. It's highly unlikely that they
would find out on November 9th.

But if you later apply for some other visa, this trip can come back to haunt
you. It's really a matter of luck whether or not there will ever be a
problem. How lucky do you feel?

- --
Please visit my FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com before asking a question here.
It may answer your question. Remember, I am strictly a layperson without
any legal training. I encourage the reader to seek competent legal counsel
rather than relying on usenet newsgroups.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFDWZKdyUlVTFdHXskRAn7eAKCSS3b1iZjLaVaA9877SP nG5jykmgCfXos+
KAA6J2eseRUOQvD1EIL/lVM=
=Nuuu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jamie2005
Thanks for the replies.
I'm almost certin they don't have a computer with every countries Criminal
records on.
--
jamie2005

Dont be so sure. I've seen people refused entry on the spot for less. Never underestimate big brother.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

FYI, law applies to everyone in this case. Russel Crowe had negotiated a massive settlement with the (now extremley rich and most likely former) bell boy who he threw the the phone at, so that the guy would drop assault charges. When people questioned the enormous sum, it was revealed that Crowe not only worried about the assault charge, but also of being barred from entry into the US in the future, and being denied very lucrative future acting roles.

So....sometimes, incredibly enough, the law does apply to everyone! (Not that it stopped Crowe from buying his way out of the NY justice system).

What if i tell them I ticked the yes box do they keep a record of your
answer, also

Russel Crowe was convicted in the USA how does he still keep being
granted Visa's?

lol so confusing, "Only in America!".

--
jamie2005
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:50 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Russel Crowe was convicted in the USA how does he still keep being
granted Visa's?
Money.
lol so confusing, "Only in America!".
See the above answer. Not so confusing...
Old Nov 6th 2005, 3:09 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

When i come to apply for a work visa (Say in 2,3 years)

How will USA immigration no i ticked the "No" box for Criminal
Conviction when i visted the USA on Holiday.

??

Will all this info be filed?.

--
jamie2005

Everyone has answered your question but you don't seem to want to hear it.

OK, you go on your trip, you lie on your immigration form, you get in to the US go home and nothing happens. Since that seems to be your first choice.

Later you become hugely succesful after starring in some artsy hit film and get the part in a US blockbuster or some daytime soap thingy, anyway you apply for a visa.

If you don't declare your crime you're shatted because you have to provide a police certificate in order to get your visa which lists your crimes. If by some amazing stroke of luck (cause hey you've been lucky this far) the crime isn't listed on your police certificate and you don't mention it then your past the next hurdle.

Then you soar to great heights, meet the recently divorced but still tidy looking Demi Moore. You marry live happily and apply for citizenship. Your record still doesn't come up.

Then the still tidy but bored of you Demi kicks you out and gets a divorce. In the meantime not wanting you to have the oppoortunity to compete for points in the US press she has your conviction leaked to People magazine. You're booted out of the US and land flat on your arse as Widow Twanky in some delapidated seaside pier before you spiral into a life of drink and wanna be page three girls on your way to obscurity.

Alternatively you lie now, never make it big, never come back to the US and so you're 5 day $900 was money well spent.

It's your life, you write the script. Good new is depending on how far you get before you get caught (because you WILL get caught) they might make a movie of your life story. They'll probably wait until your the new George Best though.

Good Luck
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Everyone has answered your question but you don't seem to want to hear it.
OK, you go on your trip, you lie on your immigration form, you get in to the US go home and nothing happens. Since that seems to be your first choice.
And the moral of this story is .............keep away from Ebay ...
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:37 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Everyone has answered your question but you don't seem to want to hear it..........................
It's your life, you write the script. .........
Hey, you should start to write airport novels! I can see you as the next Babara Taylor Bradford.

Okay, maybe Jackie Collins more like it...
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

FreeBird11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uktoamerica
Dont be so sure. I've seen people refused entry on the spot for less. Never underestimate big brother.
A few years ago, dutch soccer player, Patrick Kluivert, was denied entry on the spot because he was convicted (I think) of rape a few years before. Actually, I think he got away with it. Anyway, point being, US immigration knew about the incident on the spot and Patrick was sent back to get a visa.