Plans for the 4th

Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans for the 4th

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I know..Julie Andrews. She's lived here a long time.
I know, I'm clutching at straws but I don't want those retired flags to feel let down by the lack of wartime musical talent.
Thanks for trying - but I wasn't just thinking of the song..... US version of We'll meet again...... White cliffs of Dover.........
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:10 am
Just Joined

gourock girl has a spectacular aura aboutgourock girl has a spectacular aura aboutgourock girl has a spectacular aura about

Well this is the first 4th of July my husband has been home for in 5 years 7 if you count duty days lol so we are gonna sit in out front lawn & watch the parade go up main street the whole 10 blocks of the town, BBQ some ribs & steak then we are gonna go to the Rodeo & watch the fireworks
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:10 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Thanks for trying - but I wasn't just thinking of the song..... US version of We'll meet again...... White cliffs of Dover.........
I think we've drawn a blank.
Wait a minute...Jimmy Buffet "Cheeseburger in paradise".
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:15 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Please see addition to my post on Kate Smith-she was our Vera Lynn........
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:16 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I think we've drawn a blank.
Wait a minute...Jimmy Buffet "Cheeseburger in paradise".
Two years ago one of my sons and I attended the 6oth anniversity of the end of the war celebrations outside Buck House. At the end,as all the old RAF guys were walking down the Mall, Vera Lynn singing 'We'll meet again ' was playing from the loudspeakers.

Unforgettable...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
You're right it has disappeared over the last week. HELP
Appologies thought you were being a pillock obviously I missed it.
Have a drink or 2, what the heck have the whole case. That will make you feel better.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:18 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Two years ago one of my sons and I attended the 6oth anniversity of the end of the war celebrations outside Buck House. At the end,as all the old RAF guys were walking down the Mall, Vera Lynn singing 'We'll meet again ' was playing from the loudspeakers.

Unforgettable...
That was all just as we were moving here and just added to my feelings of

"BIG MISTAKE!!!!!"
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:19 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Kate Smith-.........one of her best sellers-1941- White Cliffs of Dover.
Interesting
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gourock girl
[F]Well this is the first 4th of July my husband has been home for in 5 years 7 if you count duty days lol so we are gonna sit in out front lawn & watch the parade go up main street the whole 10 blocks of the town, BBQ some ribs & steak then we are gonna go to the Rodeo & watch the fireworks [/FONT]
If there is one thing Americans are good at, its a parade. Enjoy.
Frank R.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Please see addition to my post on Kate Smith-she was our Vera Lynn........
Thought you were in your 20's, thought only Ray & me would remember Vera Lynn?
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:23 am
Who?

Originally Posted by frrussre
Thought you were in your 20's, thought only Ray & me would remember Vera Lynn?
Reg. Frank R.
The rest of us have just heard of her.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:23 am
Homebody

That was all just as we were moving here and just added to my feelings of

"BIG MISTAKE!!!!!"
Getting back to the white cliffs of dover.........

We used to go to the Continent quite frequently, and the sight of those white cliffs coming in to view is just so powerful.

I always insisted we took the ferry rather than the train...

Sometimes I wonder whether I'll ever see them again.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

The rest of us have just heard of her.
Glad to hear, your a young whipper snapper ish?
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:26 am
Who?

Getting back to the white cliffs of dover.........

We used to go to the Continent quite frequently, and the sight of those white cliffs coming in to view is just so powerful.

I always insisted we took the ferry rather than the train...

Sometimes I wonder whether I'll ever see them again.
I know. We always took the ferry to France and whatever the weather I made all my daughters stand on deck and watch the white cliffs recede. Then on our return we would all watch for them comming into view.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever see the UK again, let alone the white cliffs
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:27 am
Who?

Originally Posted by frrussre
Glad to hear, your a young whipper snapper ish?
Reg. Frank R.
I am, in spirit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.