Petition for my brother.

Old Jun 19th 2002, 3:20 pm
Rashid

Default Petition for my brother.

Hello! I filed for a I-30 petition for my brother about 3 years ago. Six months after
my filing the petition I got a letter from the INS that they received my petition
application. But to this day I did not hear anything from the INS. They cashed my
check I have the receipt for that, I still have the letter INS sent me about 2 years
ago. About a year ago I sent an inquiry letter but I did not get a reply from. Any
suggestions?

PS I am a Naturalized US citizen.

Rashid H Siddiqui

Old Jun 19th 2002, 11:20 pm
Liwen Liang

Default Re: Petition for my brother.

Not to discourage you, but your brother has a very long wait ahead of him. For USC's
sibling, he may have to wait more than 12 years for a visa number availble for him.
And the waiting time is only going to get longer and longer.

rashid <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] u>...
    > Hello! I filed for a I-30 petition for my brother about 3 years ago. Six months
    > after my filing the petition I got a letter from the INS that they received my
    > petition application. But to this day I did not hear anything from the INS. They
    > cashed my check I have the receipt for that, I still have the letter INS sent me
    > about 2 years ago. About a year ago I sent an inquiry letter but I did not get a
    > reply from. Any suggestions?
    >
    > PS I am a Naturalized US citizen.
    >
    > Rashid H Siddiqui

Old Jun 20th 2002, 1:20 am
Sylvia Ottemoel

rashid wrote:

> I filed for a I-30 petition for my brother about 3 years ago. Six months after my
    > filing the petition I got a letter from the INS that they received my petition
    > application. But to this day I did not hear anything from the INS. They cashed my
    > check I have the receipt for that, I still have the letter INS sent me about 2
    > years ago. About a year ago I sent an inquiry letter but I did not get a reply
    > from. Any suggestions?
    >

You can check the usual processing time for this type of I-130 at the INS Service
Center where you filed the petition: http://www.shusterman.com/toc-sc.html. This
type of petition is not immediate relative; it will be described as "preference"
or "other."

INS is taking over 4 years from filing to approval of these petitions at some Service
Centers. This is because the person will have to wait for many many more years for
the quota, anyway. What does it matter whether the petition has been approved or not?

Old Jun 20th 2002, 6:20 pm
Haliuna

rashid <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] u>...
    > Hello! I filed for a I-30 petition for my brother about 3 years ago. Six months
    > after my filing the petition I got a letter from the INS that they received my
    > petition application. But to this day I did not hear anything from the INS. They
    > cashed my check I have the receipt for that, I still have the letter INS sent me
    > about 2 years ago. About a year ago I sent an inquiry letter but I did not get a
    > reply from. Any suggestions?
    >
    >
    > Rashid H Siddiqui

I filed a petition for my brother last November and received the notice of action
an about 2-3 months after and from what I heard and read on this newsgroup it takes
at least 2 years to approve the petition. Now I read as 4 years! When I first
applied I knew it was going to be long process of obtaining a visa number, but I
thought the petiton would be approved within a couple of months. Nothing much I can
do except to say that I did what was in my power and the rest is up to the system.
Good luck! Haliuna