Parted ways with lawyer

Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:01 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parted ways with lawyer

So after a discussion with our laywer this morning, the conclusion was reached that our relationship was no longer 'mutually beneficial'.

Obviously we don't want any further correspondance going to our lawyer, which form should we send to the NVC to inform them of the change.... or can it be done online?

tyvm in advance
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parted ways with lawyer

Don't know if there is a way to ensure that you receive all the correspondence. You can try calling the 1-800 and ask them to change your information in the data base. If your parting of the ways with the attorney were amicable, perhaps you can supply the office with self-addressed stamped envelopes for them to forward any correspondence to you.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clarissageo
So after a discussion with our laywer this morning, the conclusion was reached that our relationship was no longer 'mutually beneficial'.

Obviously we don't want any further correspondance going to our lawyer, which form should we send to the NVC to inform them of the change.... or can it be done online?

tyvm in advance
Hi:

There is no form. A letter should do the trick. NVC is better than DHS at this little trick. I would suggest you also ask the lawyer to send a notice to the NVC -- he may want to have you sign it to show it is with your consent. That protects everybody.

Also, unless the attorney closes up shop, she will be under a residual obligation to send any notices to you.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:55 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses.

I've sent a letter using DHL tonight informing the NVC of the change, and apparantly our lawyer is doing the same so hopefully there will be no confusion further down the line....

Interesting to hear that they are obliged to send any notices on, as that was something that did concern me - luckily i'm pretty organised and anally retentive about keeping photocopies of things, so hopefully we'll be able to take over with no bumps in the transition.

Thank god for this forum, I certainly wouldnt have picked up on half the things that were areas of concern without it, so thanks to all