overstay question, "thankyou all"

Old Jun 21st 2002, 10:20 pm
Agentb

Default overstay question, "thankyou all"

thankyou to all that have responded on this matter, I greatly appreciate it. She just
returned to Trinidad about two weeks ago she was under the impression that she would
only be bared for 6 months or so. If I knew then what I know now she would of never
have left, she is in trinidad now, when she returned they did not stamp her pass
port, does this mean she might slip through, Does anybody know a good lawyer that can
help me on this matter I am in NY, Also would it be better to get her back here and
then proceed or would that make things worse by entering the US as an illegal, and
does anybody know how long all this will take, thanks again to all ,,,

Old Jun 21st 2002, 10:20 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: overstay question, "thankyou all"

Agent,

If at all possible, it is better to keep everything in one thread rather then
creating new ones when the topic is still related to the same problem.

The best thing you can do is file the paperwork. Be hones about the overstay. Do NOT
try to sneak her into the US until you have done all you can do, then still rethink
that option.

You might need a lawyer for the waiver part, but you still could do the fiance
application by yourself. Then you have to make a case for hardship. The simple
issue of you being here and her being there is not enough to be considered a
"hardship" by INS.

They might not have stamped her passport, and if they never got her I-94 back, she
might be able to slip by. Did she turn in her I-94 when she flew back to T&T? I am
not condoning bypassing the honest way of doing this, I am just telling you the
possibility since you asked. There are many things possible. When you are honest
about things, it eliminates the need for worrying about them finding out something
you are hiding.

Agentb wrote:
    >
    > thankyou to all that have responded on this matter, I greatly appreciate it. She
    > just returned to Trinidad about two weeks ago she was under the impression that she
    > would only be bared for 6 months or so. If I knew then what I know now she would of
    > never have left, she is in trinidad now, when she returned they did not stamp her
    > pass port, does this mean she might slip through, Does anybody know a good lawyer
    > that can help me on this matter I am in NY, Also would it be better to get her back
    > here and then proceed or would that make things worse by entering the US as an
    > illegal, and does anybody know how long all this will take, thanks again to all ,,,