Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Our Timeline - an Immigrant Visa holder, Class IR-1

Our Timeline - an Immigrant Visa holder, Class IR-1

Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

California_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud of
Default Our Timeline - an Immigrant Visa holder, Class IR-1

Hello Everyone,

I've been meaning to do this for a while, and now since I've entered the US on my visa, it would seem to be the right time.

So here goes -

August 10th 2005 - Posted I-130 and G-325A to the California Service Center.

January 23rd 2006 - Recieved notice that I-130 was successful, and our application has now been passed to the NVC.

March 5th 2006 - My wife and I both recieved Choice of Agent forms (DS-3032).

March 6th 2006 - Recieved request for Affidavit of Support fee.

March 13th 2006 - Mailed fee for the Affidavit of Support (I-864).

March 21st 2006 - Mailed back Choice of Agent form (DS-3032).

April 17th 2006 - Recieved request for Filing fees (Fee for DS-230 = $380).

April 20th 2006 - Recieved Affidavit of Support form (I-864).

May 3rd 2006 - Mailed Affidavit of Support form (I-864).

July 22nd 2006 - Mailed Fee for DS-230 to the NVC.

September 10th 2006 - Requested Police Records.

September 30th 2006 - Recieved DS-230 part 1 form.

October 3rd 2006 - Police records recieved.

October 10th 2006 - Mailed DS-230 part 1 form.

March 4th 2007 - Recieved interview date from US Embassy, London, UK.

March 26th 2007 - Completed medical examination prior to Immigration interview.

April 2nd 2007 - Completed Immigration interview, and Visa is granted!

July 26th 2007 - Entered the USA on Immigration visa.

August 20th 2007 - Recieved Notice of Action, Welcoming me to the USA.

August 27th 2007 - Recieved permanent resident card.

That's pretty much it. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

C_B
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Timeline - an IR1 Visa holder

Congrats again, C_B!

I'll just nitpick that you actually were an Immigrant Visa holder.. class IR-1, but people have been confused by looking to try and find info for an "IR" or "CR" visa & coming up short at travel.state.gov etc

Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

California_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats again, C_B!

I'll just nitpick that you actually were an Immigrant Visa holder.. class IR-1, but people have been confused by looking to try and find info for an "IR" or "CR" visa & coming up short at travel.state.gov etc

Meauxna, I thank you again, and I graciously request a mod alter the title of this thread to represent it's true substance!

Thanks again Meauxna!

C_B
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by California_Bound
Meauxna, I thank you again, and I graciously request a mod alter the title of this thread to represent it's true substance!

Thanks again Meauxna!

C_B
There ya go!

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There ya go!

Rene
Thanks Rene!

C_B
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Timeline - an Immigrant Visa holder, Class IR-1

Contratulations....
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Our Timeline - an Immigrant Visa holder, Class IR-1

Originally Posted by dutchman2001nl
Contratulations....
Thankyou!

C_B