options for marrying a usc?

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: options for marrying a usc?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Off topic, but....just curious what education level most USC's posses. Her statement made me curious as to what her degree is that is higher than most USCs possess. I might be in that category as well. lol

And, also, USCIS doesn't care what the USC's potential is to offer to the economy. This statement has nothing to do with immigration.

Rene
No it doesn't, it's just *another* way for her to offend people from whom she wants helpful information.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

ArrogantU2Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
No it doesn't, it's just *another* way for her to offend people from whom she wants helpful information.
Gosh yall i didn't know everyone on here was so touchy and offendable.....trace people away...seems everyone here is a bit vindictive...sorry i joined...not used to so much over emotional stuff...the poor girl was just asking questions...and having a degree is not something I would find offendable...Thats just me perhaps...and why on earth would someon want to hurt another human being..I mean
whats the point..I thought this was a supportive place for people to come. I just happened upon it...Susan
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Off topic, but....just curious what education level most USC's posses. Her statement made me curious as to what her degree is that is higher than most USCs possess.
She's right, y'know!

Population UK = 60 million
Population US = 300 million

If you speculate that 1/4 of the UK population has a university degree (= 1/2 of all adults (most children don't have a university degree))... well, that's 15 million people. If this is applied in the same way to the US (1/4 of the population), then 75 million people in the US have a university degree. Ergo, we have 15 million people in the UK with a university degree... and each one of them better educated than the 225 million in the US without one! QED

So, from her POV, she's better educated than the majority of USCs.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:37 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArrogantU2Fan
I mean
whats the point..I thought this was a supportive place for people to come. I just happened upon it...Susan
This is the immigration forum. For supportive, go to The Lounge or Take It Outside forums. To bitch about Americans and their inferior ways, go to the USA Lifestyle forum.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She's right, y'know!

Population UK = 60 million
Population US = 300 million

If you speculate that 1/4 of the UK population has a university degree (= 1/2 of all adults (most children don't have a university degree))... well, that's 15 million people. If this is applied in the same way to the US (1/4 of the population), then 75 million people in the US have a university degree. Ergo, we have 15 million people in the UK with a university degree... and each one of them better educated than the 225 million in the US without one! QED

So, from her POV, she's better educated than the majority of USCs.

Ian
Oops, I was thinking she is the USC. My bad.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh yall i didn't know everyone on here was so touchy and offendable.....trace people away...seems everyone here is a bit vindictive...sorry i joined...not used to so much over emotional stuff...the poor girl was just asking questions...and having a degree is not something I would find offendable...Thats just me perhaps...and why on earth would someon want to hurt another human being..I mean

No, having a degree is not offendable. What is offendable is a supposedly educated person purporting to be better than the average USC because of said education. I, myself, have a degree from an accredited private college. That doesn't make me better than one with only a high school education or even a high school dropout. Nor does a degree mean my economic worth to the US society or society in general is greater than that of the person who mows a lawn or a plumber who fixes a toilet.

Yes, Susan, this is a supportive place. You, however, walked into a thread that is controversial. Also a thread where the OP and LP has decided that having different opinions on the rights and wrongs of adhering to prescribed USCIS regulations makes us judgmental and mean spirited and have resorted to using the vulgar slang of a particular nationality to identify us.

I'm sorry if your sensibilities were offended by this thread. This is a newsforum that reaches worldwide. If you want a handholding non-opinionated place to seek your immigraiton advice, then perhaps you might have to look elsewhere. If, however, you want good advice, given with the thought to assist you comply with regulations and not a place where you will be babied and pacified, then this is the forum for you.

Rete

Last edited by Rete; Oct 24th 2005 at 1:35 am.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:26 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lupa
With respect to "blabbing" I don't plan to. I use an identity here which cannot be traced and I do not intend to release all details for the world to see when I speak to the attorney tomorrow.
Regards, Lupa
Probably a wise approach. Was it last year when AILA received news (and passed it on to the AILA membership) that the CIS was finding and using incriminating information that people have posted about themselves on the net? Of course, whether or not that will happen to any given person who spills the beans about themselves is anyone’s guess. The net is a wonderful thing, but it can also be the rope that someone accidentally uses to hang themselves (but just don’t realize it yet).

As a paranoid side issue, I wonder if the CIS or other governmental entity will ever set up a news group like this (but make it look like a private group) so people can register and then post incriminating things about themselves?

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 24th 2005 at 8:29 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:33 pm
Banned

Lupa is an unknown quantity at this point

To my knowledge and perception I wrote nothing offensive. Anyhow, having now spoke to my attorney, I have my answer.

Thank you again for the insightful replies.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:40 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge and perception I wrote nothing offensive.
This might be it:

I have been going to the U.S back and forth using the waiverless visa scheme, and now am planning to go again with full intentions of getting married in a civil ceremony before my 90 day limit is out.

Has anyone ever adjusted from the visa waiver to getting married?
Lupa
But regardless of all that, I'm glad you received the advice you were seeking.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:38 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I know its not the smart way of doing it like I stated before, but I can't wait for all that processing to happen. Someone mocked all the "whiney lovers". Unless you experience true love, it is hell to be apart from your partner. He is a part of me and I can't go on and he can't go on being so unhappy for many more months. Many people just don't realise that happiness accounts for so much when it comes to living. At the moment without him, I'm not living...I'm simply existing and thats actually becoming physically unhealthy for me to do.

Thank you Paddy for your pm. I really appreciated you taking time to do it.

Lupa
Ah! How sweet. Would your actions be excused under the "Illegality for Love Act"? Not sure it's been passed yet but you could approach your congressmember. Good luck!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
For supportive, go to The Lounge or Take It Outside forums. .
Yes !! they are famous for the help and support they give there...
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

ArrogantU2Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Yes !! they are famous for the help and support they give there...
Well i spoke to my friend who is a immigration atty. and he said bottom line is every case is so individual...and that everyone should contact their atty. to review the specifics of each case.....I think that is probably everyone's best option..seek legal advice...Susan
Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:37 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Well i spoke to my friend who is a immigration atty. and he said bottom line is every case is so individual...and that everyone should contact their atty. to review the specifics of each case.....I think that is probably everyone's best option..seek legal advice...Susan
I don't think it's necessary for EVERYONE to seek legal advice, as in many cases it's not required, especially if someone is taking the LEGAL route to begin with.

If someone is taking a legal route through US immigration, then it would be a good idea to seek legal advice if...

1) there is a situation which complicates the visa application (criminal record, previous immigration violation, inability to provide all required documentation, etc.); and/or

2) the foreign partner is from a country where immigration is usually much more difficult (Philippines, China, India, Russia, Nigeria, etc.); and/or

3) the couple just generally feels more comfortable having a professional help walk them through the process.

But if a couple's case is straightforward there is often little need to consult an attorney. Our K1 experience was one such case: No criminal record, no previous immigration violations, no income requirement problems, no problems with required documentation, involved an "immigration-friendly" country (UK), no pending divorces, no huge age difference, no children to consider. The forms and paperwork aren't that difficult to figure out how to complete on one's own, and this forum in particular offers great guidance on how to manage the process from start to finish. At no time did Mark nor I ever consult an attorney, and everything went smoothly.

Some people have been in the same position that Mark and I were in and DID choose to seek legal advice, just for peace of mind. Nothing wrong with that.

If, however, someone is like the OP and clearly intends to break the law -- and ACKNOWLEDGES that they are intending to break the law -- then I suppose the decision to seek legal advice could go either way. On the one hand, a lawyer by definition should work to help others understand how to FOLLOW the law, not break it. On the other hand, if someone is hellbent on doing things illegally and only wants to know what might happen to them if they get caught, then perhaps a lawyer is the best person to inform them of that.

Of course, it is tricky (impossible?) to tell someone what the consequences are of taking a non-legal immigration route without indirectly telling them how to do it. That's why this forum is very, very sensitive to this particular subject. Many of us don't want to be the ones to give this indirect information, which sort of implies that it's ok when it's not.

Just my $0.02 on this very repetitive topic that just never seems to go away!!

~ Jenney
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I don't think it's necessary for EVERYONE to seek legal advice, as in many cases it's not required, especially if someone is taking the LEGAL route to begin with.
Legal advice is dispensed in this particular news group each and every day. Did you seek answers to your immigration questions during your case? If so, you probably needed legal advice. If the legal advice came from non-attorneys “playing” attorney, then you were willing to accept legal advice from those not authorized (and my guess, not licensed and insured) to do so.

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
If someone is taking a legal route through US immigration, then it would be a good idea to seek legal advice if...

1) there is a situation which complicates the visa application (criminal record, previous immigration violation, inability to provide all required documentation, etc.); and/or

2) the foreign partner is from a country where immigration is usually much more difficult (Philippines, China, India, Russia, Nigeria, etc.); and/or

3) the couple just generally feels more comfortable having a professional help walk them through the process.
They also might want to have an attorney on record if they want someone to jump in to fix any USCIS or Consulate mistakes or screw-ups that can come up along the way. Funny how “this” particular service never seems to make it on the list of what an attorney can bring to a case.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Legal advice is dispensed in this particular news group each and every day. Did you seek answers to your immigration questions during your case? If so, you probably needed legal advice. If the legal advice came from non-attorneys “playing” attorney, then you were willing to accept legal advice from those not authorized (and my guess, not licensed and insured) to do so.
No UPL statutes in AZ, I believe. And CA has started ignoring them, even if they are still on the books.
http://www.cato.org/pubs/regulation/reg20n1c.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.