options for marrying a usc?

Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:40 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: options for marrying a usc?

Originally Posted by Elvira
I assume by 'right' you mean 'legal'? And I certainly agree that the sensible and sane thing to in the immigration process is to stay legal.

However, IMHO, that doesn't make the process 'right'. It cannot be 'right' that married couples should be kept apart for years, simply because USCIS cannot get their act together. You only have to compare it to the reverse process, i.e. if a USC/UKC couple decide to live in the UK - which seems to be so much simpler.

Whilst I would always advocate playing things by the USCIS book, I would not blame anyone who occasionally vents their frustration at the process.
I didn't say I liked it like that, . I know how much easier at the time immigration wise if we had done things in the reverse with me moving to the UK. Amazing!
I also remember very well being incredulous that TSC was well behind the other SCs and the process timeframe being announced as up to 999 days. Our 130 took 20 months to be approved and that was without any complicating factors. It probably wouldn't have been approved when it was had they not sent it to NSC. So yes, I understand venting and I don't deny someone the right to do that.
Better safe than sorry-following the regulations as they read at this moment in time.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

hockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
You people are so bloody naive..............Yes you are not suppose to immigrate on a Visa waiver but I bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of aliens who marry USC do so on a visa waiver or B2 tourist visa or a student visa rather than a fiancee visa. I should know because I did it that way.
This is the first time I have been to this site and after reading all the replies above yours (leedsPaddy), I was about to switch off!!! I couldn't believe that people can be so heartless!!!
The people who write about the 'correct' way to apply and speak so easily about being apart from your loved one, have obviously had no first hand experience of the hell that you go through during that time.
6-months apart from your loved one is a joke - be prepared to be apart for much longer without any knowledge of when you'll get approved.
I tried to do everything the 'correct/legal' way, but it was thrown back in my face!
I applied for a fiance visa I-129f in April 2005 - I am still waiting for approval! I paid 200 pounds for my medical which now expires in less than 3-months, a police check which expired 3-months ago and a work permit that will now be of no use. The USCIS web site states that a case such as mine is taking between 30-60 days! 7-months later and I'm very angry. The Nebraska date is 12th August, mine was received 15th April!!!
As a registered nurse, you would think I would be an easy case......I am the naive one!!!
Good luck to anyone who is going through this process, it's the worst thing to have to go through, when it should be such a happy time.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellshear73
I tried to do everything the 'correct/legal' way, but it was thrown back in my face!
I applied for a fiance visa I-129f in April 2005 - I am still waiting for approval! I paid 200 pounds for my medical which now expires in less than 3-months, a police check which expired 3-months ago and a work permit that will now be of no use. The USCIS web site states that a case such as mine is taking between 30-60 days! 7-months later and I'm very angry. The Nebraska date is 12th August, mine was received 15th April!!!
As a registered nurse, you would think I would be an easy case......I am the naive one!!!
Maybe you have misunderstood part of the visa process?
The I-129f petition is filed by a US citizen. A typical case takes 3-6 months to decide on that, potentially less, potentially more.

After the I-129f is approved, the beneficiary (foreign fiance) is invited to apply for a visa. At that time, they order a police certificate. Some time after that they are given a visa interview appointment date and instructions to take the medical. Did you take the medical of your own intiative?

What work permit do you mean?
Are you the beneficiary? Are you in the US and want to adjust your status or outside the US? Why would you being a registered nurse mean that your case should be easy?

You are welcome to start a new thread about your case and your questions.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first time I have been to this site and after reading all the replies above yours (leedsPaddy), I was about to switch off!!! I couldn't believe that people can be so heartless!!!
The people who write about the 'correct' way to apply and speak so easily about being apart from your loved one, have obviously had no first hand experience of the hell that you go through during that time.
6-months apart from your loved one is a joke - be prepared to be apart for much longer without any knowledge of when you'll get approved.
Good luck to anyone who is going through this process, it's the worst thing to have to go through, when it should be such a happy time.
Oh, I think we know whereof we speak, immigration hell is no stranger to many of us. I was lucky, even though we spent 3 YEARS divided by an ocean AFTER we were married at least we saw each other several times a year. There are folks who went for well over a year going on two while they waited for security clearances because they were going through countries that are not as easy as the UK to come from AND they didn't see each other during that time. There are others here have even had a baby and are still apart and so on and so on.

Cold, heartless, give me a break.

Now on a reasonable note, the time frame given is a number and nothing more. Have you looked into just what the hangup is on your application? Squeaky wheel gets the grease and sounds like it's past time for you to hear something. Be proactive on this.

Good luck and welcome.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Now on a reasonable note, the time frame given is a number and nothing more. Have you looked into just what the hangup is on your application? Squeaky wheel gets the grease and sounds like it's past time for you to hear something. Be proactive on this.
How so, cindy? If she's talking about an I-129f petition with a received date of 4/15, and the current posted processing date is 4/12, not +30 days past her 4/15, then her case is not yet overdue.
It's probably ready for adjudication any day.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:38 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by meauxna
How so, cindy? If she's talking about an I-129f petition with a received date of 4/15, and the current posted processing date is 4/12, not +30 days past her 4/15, then her case is not yet overdue.
It's probably ready for adjudication any day.

She said NSC shows August as a date?

" The Nebraska date is 12th August, mine was received 15th April!!! "
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you're having problems. I second the opinion that if you'd like to start a new thread with some questions about your own scenario, we'll try to help you sort it out. It sounds to me like you aren't clear on the procedure.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:42 pm

She said NSC shows August as a date?

" The Nebraska date is 12th August, mine was received 15th April!!! "
Damn, the letters on my screen get smaller every day <oops>. Sorry about that.
NSC is indeed showing Aug12 for I-129fs. Which means either: the petition has or has not been approved. Based on what she has written, I'm not too sure!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:45 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by meauxna
Damn, the letters on my screen get smaller every day <oops>. Sorry about that.
NSC is indeed showing Aug12 for I-129fs. Which means either: the petition has or has not been approved. Based on what she has written, I'm not too sure!

The work permit thingie has me wondering?!

I wonder if it's at NVC-going through screening?

I do hope she starts a thread.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The work permit thing threw me off as well. You can't get a work permit at the stage she is in. Unless she meant a work "visa".

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Not going through the legal or correct way runs the risk of perpetual bar of the beloved alien from the United States. I think that true love will endure the pain of a fairly short separation now to avoid a LOT of pain later.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:15 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

. I think that true love will endure the pain of a fairly short separation now to avoid a LOT of pain later.
I agree with you MR F.
What's a few more months when you get to spend the rest of your life with the person you love?, the inner peace of doing it right is something I wouldn't trade no matter what!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:27 am
Just Joined

hockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the roughhockey chick is a jewel in the rough

How do I start a new thread?????
I would very much appreciate some help.....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

How do I start a new thread?????
I would very much appreciate some help.....
Go here...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

then a few inches down on the left of the screen hit NEW THREAD....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Not going through the legal or correct way runs the risk of perpetual bar of the beloved alien from the United States. I think that true love will endure the pain of a fairly short separation now to avoid a LOT of pain later.
Bravo! I think this is the best way it's been said yet.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.